Which shipping service do you prefer?
Sep 18, 2007 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Schalldampfer

1000+ Head-Fier
I hear a lot of complaints about UPS and sometimes FedEx, too.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't had a single trouble with UPS... except for the time something got caught up in what seemed to be customs in Japan, but I don't think I can blame UPS for that.

So, hither is a poll. Maybe this will help buyers and sellers know which service they should use on their next purchase.

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 28
Oh, just so you know, I enabled multi-voting. But please try to keep the vote to one per person, unless the other choice is just about the same in quality.

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 28
FedEx and Canadapost.

I've recieved about 7 packages by FedEx from the USA this past two weeks. And all managed to make it here the next day without any customs fees.

UPS is horrible. They can never coordinate their delivery time, so it is never delivered when they tell me. Then if you have to go pick it up from their location, its open like 6am to 8am and 2pm to 4pm.

Canadapost has been good to me. Xpresspost service is good and cheap. Plus they have locations everywhere that have good hours. So it is easy to pick up a missed package.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #6 of 28
Anyone but UPS for me.

Other than breaking a very heavy duty studio tripod... there's one incident that really infuriated me.

I ordered a keyboard once and when I got it (I was in the dorms so the mail room had already accepted the package), the box had been stepped on with a huge boot mark. The box was crushed! Luckily the keyboard wasn't broken, but the fact that you can STEP on a package, destroying the box, and still deliver it without any note really bothers me.

My Fedex boxes always came in perfect shape and on time. USPS is pretty good too and more convenient.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 28
UPS if being shipped to me from a major seller, so it doesn't cost a ton. I've never had any problems with them, my last package was rather mangled though, I'm not sure if it was their fault or not. The contents were not damaged, so no harm no foul. USPS is great for shipping, very affordable, and they generally take good care of your package, though their tracking is horrific.

I don't touch FedEx, they've almost screwed up some serious packages, they rarely even attempt to see if anyone is home. Not even for regular packages, which UPS usually does, but even for signature required ones they tend to just leave them outside. Just plain sad, I do not trust them at all.

I can't say anything about DHL because I've never dealt with them.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #9 of 28
USPS. Simply because they have a tendency not to crush my packages before giving it to Canada Post - Who, likewise, do not tend to crush my packages.

It helps that my local UPS guy tends to abandon expensive things on my doorstep and run back to his truck as quickly as possible, where the postman is personable and I'll chat with him for a minute or two.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #10 of 28
Depending on what I would be getting Fed Ex or USPS.

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #12 of 28
I think everyone is going to have a different experience here. I am a loyal UPS user. They have always been very fast for me, extremely reliable, and their tracking system is spot-on. Fed-Ex has damaged or mis-handled many of my packages, they move at a snail's pace, and their "tracking system" is broken/useless. USPS is ok for small or unimportant stuff. I've only ever had one experience with DHL and it was positive, but their style and overall vibe reminded me of Fed-Ex so it left a bad taste in my mouth... I really dislike Fed-Ex.

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #15 of 28
Never had an issue with any of them shipping wise, but physically going to the post office to be held captive in that snaking rope line? You sure you want that? Once you’re in, you’re committed. You never know what slice of humanity you’ll be sandwiched between while in that line. You realize you can’t just go willy-nilly leaving a government line once you’re in it? You're roped off.

Once, in one of those lines, I was able to experience empathy with that fictional Kansas girl, who's out for her very first time, clubbing in New Jersey. She gets on the dance floor and WHAM!!! She has grinders on her east, west, north, south. She's whipped in the head by slackly-worn gold chains. She protects her soft eyes with one hand; she covers her mouth with the second. She has inhaled massive amounts of Axe Body Spray and cologne; they're disrupting surfactants in her lungs. She's starting to suffocate because of it. She is cut repeatedly by the sharp edges of logo G's, hot-glued to the frames of indoor-worn Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses. She's so scared. She can't see into their eyes. "Why do they wear their sunglasses at night," she mumbles to a pant leg as she slips down out of conscious, her pretty new dress wicking Michelob Ultra, ashes, and drool from the dance floor as she slumps. Patrons don’t bother avoiding the petite lump she makes amongst the jungle beats. They dance over her with the disdain of a fat guy who has no hope of offering any competition in a limbo contest where first prize is a buffet ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back