Which Sennheisr IE8 aftermarket cable to buy???
Feb 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

basketball

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I use to have a pair of Sennheiser ie8 and I don't enjoy their absence. So, I would like to buy another pair. However this time I may consider upgrading the cable. Should I do this? Will it improve the sound? The bass?
If so which brand would you recommend? Avoid?

I should add that I will be using my iPhone and MacBook. No amps.
Thanks in advance!

Feb 20, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 8
I would recommend getting anything with silver in it.  The twag is a really popular choice as far as silver goes but there are cheaper ebay options.

Feb 21, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #6 of 8
http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/whiplash-custom-cables/elite-sennheiser-ie8-replacemnt-cable.html

i think you can get them here.don't have the IE8 so can't help you with how it sounds

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #7 of 8
I had tried three $50 ~$100 cables from Hong Kong, not much improvement over original cable; maybe sound slightly different.
As to Whiplashaudio, they have good stuff (also not cheap), but some complained it sometimes took long time to receive their orders. Contact them before you order through their website.

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #8 of 8
I had tried three $50 ~$100 cables from Hong Kong, not much improvement over original cable; maybe sound slightly different.
As to Whiplashaudio, they have good stuff (also not cheap), but some complained it sometimes took long time to receive their orders. Contact them before you order through their website.

I am Interested in the whiplash audio cables. But I only want one if they have superior improvement on bass quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back