Which Seenheiser cx400-cx95-cx500 ?
Jan 26, 2009 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

gabaly

New Head-Fier
I need to buy some IEMs for my new 2gb Sadisk Sansa Clip, the problem is that I can find only Sennheiser in my ****ty country.
First I was ready to buy CX300 because are cheap and I don't have a lot of money to spend... but reading here on the forums, I changed my mind
smily_headphones1.gif

So I have to choose between these: (in this order)
1. CX400 - 61 $ (look ok to me, and they are not very expensive)
2. CX95 - 96 $ (don't know if the price is worth it, 36$ more that my Sansa - lol,)
3. CX500 - 73 $

I will use them at the gym and street walking.
Mostly I listen to rock (heavy metal, power metal etc.)

Hope someone can help me decide.
L3000.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is it that you live?

Romania

for a noob like me who is using now stock headphones from Nokia N73, will be enough CX400? or should i spend more money for CX95?
and btw, which model is more... rock-solid?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #7 of 13
It should be legit if it's from Newegg.

But the answer is "none of the above." For a reputable company with many excellent products, it is surprising how many bad products Sennheiser sells. I really wonder why they are willing to put their name on bad sounding earphones like the CX300 and MX500.

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #8 of 13
If those are your only three options, go for CX95. I think you should start at our FS forum though. Or check out the other places that ship internationally for cheap/free. Head-Direct does free international shipping, for example.

Jan 27, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #10 of 13
I think you're rushing through this process. Take your time and look around here for alternative (aka better) options for your needs.

Jan 27, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #11 of 13
I'm looking for about one week for headphones, I read a lot of reviews and many forums (as I always do when I buy important stuff like I did when I buy my Sansa Clip which just arrived 30 minutes ago -crappy courier company-), and as I mentioned before I can't find other brands here and a friend had very bad experiences with international shipping (some bike parts).

Jan 27, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #12 of 13
One week is...not a lot of time, actually, but meh. Bad experience shouldn't stop you from buying from a reputable retailer. It's kind of irrational if it did, isn't it? I mean, say 1% of all online sales are problematic. And one of your purchases fell in the 1%. The probability of the sale going bad hasn't changed. But you feel more reluctant to buy the next time. It makes sense psychologically, but not rationally.

Jan 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you guys sure this is the real thing at newegg? Why is it called CXL400 instead of CX400?

Newegg.com - SENNHEISER CXL400 Black 3.5mm Gold-Plated Connector Canal Lanyard Headphone

I have a set still in the packaging, and using this guide as a reference:
http://www.justbright.com/CX500/index0.html

I can confidently say that they are definitely real. Just got this set from Newegg a few days ago
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: The L in CXL is for "Lanyard." These CX400's don't come with an extension cable or anything else, but it has the fancy dancy lanyard attached. It is in fact listed on Senn's site:
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser...-line_cxseries

Users who are viewing this thread

Back