Which Schiit amplifier for Beyerdynamic DT 990/600 Ω?
Aug 2, 2014 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Destroysall

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello fellow Head-fi'ers; it's been a long while since I've created a thread such as this. I am currently looking to switch over to either the Schiit Magni or the Vali from my HiFiMAN EF2A headphone amplifier so I can properly have my Beyerdynamic DT 990/600 Ω sufficiently powered. Any recommendations on which one to choose? I've heard the Magni, and the amp was pretty decent in that the sound was really analytical compared the EF2A. Not much color however. Does the Vali do the same while adding color?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 4
The Magni is definitely better in terms of noise floor and sound also the Vali has been known to add some slight color but has more negative reviews considering you get the micro phonics and such that shouldn't be there. Magni my friend, save those 20 or so bucks. Cheers!

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 4
  The Magni is definitely better in terms of noise floor and sound also the Vali has been known to add some slight color but has more negative reviews considering you get the micro phonics and such that shouldn't be there. Magni my friend, save those 20 or so bucks. Cheers!

Thanks for the recommendation, mate! The micro phonics is what is getting me to. I'm not sure if I can deal with such issue day to day.
 I'll most likely opt for the Magni in this case.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back