Which: Samsung Galaxy Player or iPod Touch (4th gen) for best musical sound quality? Or something else?
Nov 13, 2012 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Willpower

New Head-Fier
Ultimately, I am searching for the non-phone music player that has the best musical sound quality. Additionally, I inquire which phone-based music player has the best musical sound quality.  Last, I would like to know which of those two (non-phone vs. phone) provides better musical sound quality.

--

Obviously, you don't need to answer everything, but please answer to the extent that you are knowledgeable.

Which music player provides better musical sound quality the iPod (4th gen) or the Galaxy Player?  Or, is there an alternative non-phone portable music player that has the best musical sound quality?

Is there even a difference between the musical sound quality of the iPod 4th Gen and the iPod 5th Gen?  Likewise, are all versions (screen sizes) of the Samsung Galaxy Player equal when it comes to musical sound quality?

Additionally--if you know--how do these compare with the Samsung Galaxy SIII in musical sound quality?  Or, what phone has the best musical sound quality?

Regarding that last comparison, I believe it would be important to mention: the US variant of the GS III uses Qualcomm's own WCD9310 for audio, not the Wolfson WM1811.
https://mobile.twitter.com/supercurio/status/217631114334973952

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 3
I owned the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 and the iPod Touch 4th gen at the same time, and the Touch was better sounding. It's not a huge difference, but it is noticeable. 
That comparison applies only to the headphone-out, as there is no line-out for the Galaxy.

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 3
Thank you for your response. 
Other additional perspectives from other people would also be appreciated.

By the way, Achmedisdead, are you saying that the Touch has a "line-out," whereas the Galaxy doesn't?  Or do they both not? Call me a noob, but what is the difference between a device having a line-out and not having one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back