Which record cleaner do you use?
Jan 13, 2006 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tom hankins

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for one in the $500 range and it looks like either one of the Nitty Gritty products, or the VPI 16.5. Anyone use either or both, and can give me some insight to them or something else I should check into? Thanks for any help.

Jan 13, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Got the Disc Doctor for like $230 from music direct. I like it, but its not as fancy as some. Its all manual and cleans one side at a time. Aman wrote a review of it a few months ago. I suggest you search for it.

Jan 14, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks, I will check it out.

Jan 14, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 5
My VPI 16.5 has made a vast improvement in my vinyl listening over the last three years. Much greater clarity and lower noise from a really clean LP. While it's whatever juice (I won't give you my recipe here, or this will just turn into a flamewar of our amateur chemists
biggrin.gif
) you mix up that actually dissolves the crud, once dissolved, the VPI 16.5 really gets all the muck clear. Then LAST record preservative and the disc is good to go.

Jan 14, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa
My VPI 16.5 has made a vast improvement in my vinyl listening over the last three years. Much greater clarity and lower noise from a really clean LP. While it's whatever juice (I won't give you my recipe here, or this will just turn into a flamewar of our amateur chemists
biggrin.gif
) you mix up that actually dissolves the crud, once dissolved, the VPI 16.5 really gets all the muck clear. Then LAST record preservative and the disc is good to go.

It looks like I can get one of these cleaners on the used market for around $300. I guess thats how I'll go.
Olp Pa, send me your cleaning fluid recipe via PM if its O.K. I have a ton of used vinyl in desperate need of cleaning.
Thanks!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back