Which programs do you TiVo?
May 17, 2007 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Jon L

For him, f/1.2 is a prime number
Is it just me, or has the "dummy box" TV become actually good? It may be b/c I'm TiVo'ing only programs I like, though, such as:

Heroes
Lost
Dancing with the Stars
smily_headphones1.gif

Battlestar Galactica
Desperate Housewives--for wifey
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 14
I am embarrassed to say that I have 6 dual tuner Tivos running in my house right now. I record pretty much everything because the Tivo recommendations usually get everything I am not recording. I always watch The Simpsons, The Office, My Name is Earl, Family Guy, The Sopranos, Entourage, Lost and The Unit first and then move through the rest when I have some extra time. I mostly just put everything on my laptop as I travel 90% of the time and I get to catch up on everything while I am on the planes.

May 18, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mostly just put everything on my laptop as I travel 90% of the time and I get to catch up on everything while I am on the planes.

How do you transfer files from TiVo to PC? Which TiVo machine lets you do this? My "TiVo" is actually Time-Warner (Motorola DCT3416), which doesn't seem to let me transfer files to PC.

May 18, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 14
I just use TivoToGo from Tivo and it does it all for me. They are all store bought units.

May 18, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 14
I had two Tivos, but I have switched to the new Directv HDPVRs for the mpeg4 abilities. The shows I always "Tivo" are:

The Office
My Name is Earl
Scrubs
Heroes
NCIS
Basketball and Football games
Little People, Big World

There are others, but these are the shows that jump to mind first.

May 18, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 14
ALL Motorcycle racing
King of Cars
Digging for the Truth
Whatever the wife tells me she wants to see

May 18, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #10 of 14
I don't have a "TIVO", but I have the following:

Comcast dual tuner DVR in living room
Comcast dual tuner DVR in den
Replay TV in bedroom

The following are their uses:
The Replay in the bedroom is to record the soap One Life to Live for my wife, so she can watch at bedtime.

The Comcast DVR in the living room (main audio/video system) is used to record random things of interest (movie, TV show, award show, etc), and it records MTV's Headbangers Ball on a regualr basis so I can make music video DVD's for archiving. Of course the pausing/etc of live TV is awesome - I don't believe i could do without it anymore.

The Comcast DVR in the den is for me. SOme TV is watched in the den, but I also use this setup to wirelessly send the TV signal to my workout room in the basement, for which I am in from 1 to 1.5 hours a day. My favorite thing to watch while working out is.......................wrestling, something I have been watching since I was a kid, and am now 47 and still enjoy this best of a man's soap opera. I record all three brands of WWE (Raw, Smackdown, and ECW), as well as TNA. When Nordictracking for 40 minutes in the evening, I watch the wrestling.

May 21, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you guys find the time to watch all these TV shows?!

Except for the rare sporting event, I have completely stopped watching TV.

Am I actually missing anything?

-Matt

Hey, Matt, you still in La Jolla? I was in San Diego for the weekend trip and was in La Jolla yesterday. Did the whole Seaport Village, Peohe's restaurant on Coronado Island, Gaslamp district, La Jolla Cove, watching seals, Wild Animal Park-Thing. You're right, if you live in La Jolla, you don't NEED TV!

The rest of us "can" find a few hours a week for our favorite programs. I used to think the entire TV was load of cr***& b/c most of it IS bad and I missed a lot of the good programs, but that's when TiVo comes in handy to maximize the good TV hours.

May 22, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #14 of 14
  1. Canceled Shows
    1. Matlock (that's right and I am not a senior citizen)
    2. Teen Titans (I know it's canceled but there are a few shows I have not seen)
    3. Jackie Chan Adventures (cartoon - canceled)
    4. see others below
  2. Cartoons
    1. Legion of Superheroes (cartoon)
    2. New Batman (cartoon)
    3. Xiaolin Showdown (unfortunately no new shows on)
  3. Organized Crime Stuff / Terrorism Stuff
    1. Biography/A&E Documentaries on Organized Crime (any gangster - Italian Mafia, Crips/Bloods, Russian Mafia, Columbian Cartel)
    1. American Gangster
    2. America at the Crossroads (Looks at terrorism and stuff like that)
  4. Crime Shows
    1. The Closer
    2. Law and Order: Criminal Intent
    3. Columbo (if it one of those I cannot recall how he got the bad guy or the writing is super)
    4. Snapped (but I seen all of them)
  5. Comedy
    1. The Office
    2. My Name is Earl
    3. Monk
    4. Psyche
  6. Drama
    1. 24
    2. Heroes
  7. Game Shows
    1. So you think you're smarter than a 5th grader
    2. Dancing with the Stars (actually the kids watch/record this)
  8. Other
    1. Some other stuff
    2. Divorce Court
    3. Singletary Says (African-American show about financial issues)
You might have guessed it I record everything. I cannot think of any show I watch live anymore. When the kids are looking I might turn on Jeopardy, Wheel of Future - otherwise with the exception of sports (NFL, NBA) I record everything. Why watch commercials and wait? So my recorder stays at 70-91% full all the time. My oldest recording is in December - before my last recorder broke on me, I had shows that were over a year old (never watched). We now have two dual tuner recorders in the home. One time I had about 85% full-- and I was not watching any of the recorded shows -- I would record new shows and watch them that week. Then one day- things went bad-- the recorder would pause and then freeze during playback. Then one morning I turned it one morning and it read- '0% full'-- all my shows were lost forever. Anyway...

Once I have seen all the Matlocks (since its canceled and if I can remember how they all end) I will have to find another series to record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back