Which program do you use to rip your CD library?
Oct 29, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EAC.

Always EAC.

Only EAC... ever.

It's amazing.

lol.... So True.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #32 of 44
Audiograbber to Wav...
redface.gif

Then Audacity to FLAC/MP3...

Oct 29, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #35 of 44
eac for flac encoding, Zune sw for wma lossless for my Zune

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #36 of 44
dBpoweramp mostly. Rip to FLAC files.

EAC when I want to rip to a CUE file cause dBpoweramp doesn't do CUE files yet.

Sometimes dBpowramp gets the tagging messed up with some classical music CDs. dBpoweramp tries to be too smart and guess when you've got a multiple artist CD. Unfortunately it sometimes guesses wrong and makes a mess of the tags. When that happens I switch over to EAC.

Both dBpoweramp and EAC support AccurateRip and both will give equivalent rips. One or the other works just fine for me. I really like the AccurateRip feature cause I buy lots of used CDs. Sometimes used CDs have scratches and the AccurateRip feature has allowed me to salvage some CDs and be confident in the rips.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #37 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dBpoweramp mostly. Rip to FLAC files.

EAC when I want to rip to a CUE file cause dBpoweramp doesn't do CUE files yet.

Sometimes dBpowramp gets the tagging messed up with some classical music CDs. dBpoweramp tries to be too smart and guess when you've got a multiple artist CD. Unfortunately it sometimes guesses wrong and makes a mess of the tags. When that happens I switch over to EAC.

Both dBpoweramp and EAC support AccurateRip and both will give equivalent rips. One or the other works just fine for me. I really like the AccurateRip feature cause I buy lots of used CDs. Sometimes used CDs have scratches and the AccurateRip feature has allowed me to salvage some CDs and be confident in the rips.

I find that no ripper tags they way I like for classical music. What I like about dbPowerAmp is you can select which database to take the data from for each track.

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #38 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I rip once and convert. There's no reason to rip twice. I use smart playlists to separate lossy and lossless.

Trouble is...I want to keep the lossy files on one drive and the lossless files on another, which would oblige me when ripping to manually move all of either the lossy or lossless files I create to their appropriate drive and then delete.

By rip twice I only meant to create two files that would go to two seperate drives without having to do so much manual work.

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trouble is...I want to keep the lossy files on one drive and the lossless files on another, which would oblige me when ripping to manually move all of either the lossy or lossless files I create to their appropriate drive and then delete.

By rip twice I only meant to create two files that would go to two seperate drives without having to do so much manual work.

I don't understand the reason to keep two copies of the same track? Isn't that a waste of hd space? Don't most music player software programs nowadays have the ability to convert on the fly? I rip to flac only. Whenever I plug in the dap, the songs are automatically converted (to ogg in my case) when they are copied.

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Uthadude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand the reason to keep two copies of the same track? Isn't that a waste of hd space? Don't most music player software programs nowadays have the ability to convert on the fly? I rip to flac only. Whenever I plug in the dap, the songs are automatically converted (to ogg in my case) when they are copied.

iTunes might do that for the Shuffle. I believe it did for the 1st gen. It doesn't for the Classic or Nano. I doubt if it does for the iPhone or Touch.

I originally ripped my library to AAC. I'm slowly reripping everything to ALAC. I have 1708 discs ripped to ALAC and that's 518GB. I have 2544 discs ripped to AAC and that takes up 156GB.

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #42 of 44
Audiograbber to 320 Kbps VBR MP3 files via LAME library.

Portable Bonk Encoder to FLAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back