Which Portable wifi HDD with nexus 7
Feb 12, 2013 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Shultz

New Head-Fier
I have a nexus7/Odac and want to use it with my flac collection of music so need a wireless solution to stream from as the usb port is being used by the odac, the options seem to be from the below, but allseem to be aimed more at apple users.... Does anybody use any of these with an android device and flac music?

Buffalo ministream
Seagate Goflex wireless
Seagate Wireless Pro
Kingston Wi-Drive
Patriot Gauntlet Node

Thanks Shelton

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
I have a nexus7/Odac and want to use it with my flac collection of music so need a wireless solution to stream from as the usb port is being used by the odac, the options seem to be from the below, but allseem to be aimed more at apple users.... Does anybody use any of these with an android device and flac music?

Buffalo ministream
Seagate Goflex wireless
Seagate Wireless Pro
Kingston Wi-Drive
Patriot Gauntlet Node

Thanks Shelton

I see no reason to say those devices are aimed specifically at Apple users. WiFi is WiFi and last time I checked they had apps for Android too.

Besides, you can install Samba and get normal access to your files via any explorer and without the app.

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

I see no reason to say those devices are aimed specifically at Apple users. WiFi is WiFi and last time I checked they had apps for Android too.

Besides, you can install Samba and get normal access to your files via any explorer and without the app.

I was talking more from the instruction side of things, android devices seem to get a brief mention...... samba is fine but so far I've only found 2 players which support it on android, BS Player which is really clunky to use or XBMC which is great but burns battery like no tomorrow (a known problem)

So I was hoping to find a device that would make my music library available just like it was actually on the nexus7

Shelton.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 6
I do not have an Android. But AcePlayer or AcePlayerPro works well on iPhone with Patriot Gauntlet Node (PGN) via SAMBA. Please see my signature for a Headfi thread that provides details.

PGN's battery life is short at around 4-5 hrs. If you need huge storage, check out the new Seagate Wireless Plus, which has an integrated 1TB HDD and supposedly 10hrs of battery life. Otherwise, flash-based wifi drive may be more portable and may operate longer with a single charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back