Which portable music source (sansa clip+, ipod, or others) can pass the digital directly to FIIO E07?
Feb 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

yuanming

New Head-Fier
I got E07 which worked good with my laptop. I want to know which portable audio player (MP3/MP4 Players)
will directly output digital signal to E07? The reason for this question is that I heard some noise (hiss) when I 
use E07 as an analog amp. I looked up some portable sources, the only one which can skip the internal
amp is ipod. Is there other source around $100 can do that?

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I got E07 which worked good with my laptop. I want to know which portable audio player (MP3/MP4 Players)
will directly output digital signal to E07? The reason for this question is that I heard some noise (hiss) when I 
use E07 as an analog amp. I looked up some portable sources, the only one which can skip the internal
amp is ipod. Is there other source around $100 can do that?

In short- no. The cheapest way seems to be with a Cowon D3 outputting coaxial digital to something like the Fiio E17, which accepts a coaxial digital connection. You can also try using an android smartphone which can output digital audio via usb- there's a few lists of supported devices on this forum. There are a few amp/dacs available for apple products, but these cost upwards of $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back