Which portable amp with ety er-6
Mar 13, 2002 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

flash

New Head-Fier
Ok, I read all the warnings to leave this forum asap if you desire to keep money in your wallet. Having ignored this warnings I am now looking at getting a portable amp for my er-6, but have a few questions.

I primarily use them with an iPod when away from home. Would the er-6 still benefit from having an amp since there is no line out?

Those of you that use a portable amp with the er-6, what are your impressions on the performance compared to no amp?

Finally, if I decide an amp is worth while, which ones should I consider?

Thanks for helping me dispose of more of my seemingly worthless pocket change.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 13, 2002 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 3
Flash, I'm gonna try and save you some money. I have the iPod and the ER6s. I also have quite a few portable amps. I find that the iPod drives the Etys just fine. I've hooked up an amp, and, since there is no line out on the iPod, there was no appreciable difference in sound quality. To my way of thinking, one of the beauties of the iPod (besides aesthetics) is its extreme portability. Using an amp tends to compromise that advantage. Of course, this is just my opinion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #3 of 3
Joe, Thanks for your input. I was thinking that might be the case, but wanted to hear from others that may have tried that combo. I am very happy with the er-6 & my iPod, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back