Which portable Amp for the Fostex T50rp MK3?
Jul 14, 2016 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

keppes

New Head-Fier
Hi,

i just ordered the Fostex T50Rp MK3s. I want to use them with my Sansa Clip Zip and my Samsung Galaxy S5. I also would like to use them for gaming, music and movies on my PC. So is there any portable Amp, which i can use on my PC, too? Do I need an amp or an AMP/DAC-Combo?

My favourites so far are:
- Fiio E12 Montblanc (can i use it on my pc,too?)
- SMSl SAP7 (for portable use, does it have enough powwer?)
- Fiio E11K Kilimanjaro 2
- Fiio E18 Kunlun
- Fiio Q1 (enough power?)

I don´t know the specifications and the differences between these amps. So i need your help. Which one suits to my needs the best and has enough power? Do you have some alternatives or other recommandations for me? My budget are 100 - 150 Euros.

Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english,

Keppes

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 4
Might want to look at Audioquest Dragonfly Black or Red USB DAC/amps. I have T40RP Mark III and they are easily driven with the Dragonfly Red on both my Samsung TAB S2 (8") and a Windows 7 laptop. You'll want a DAC/amp combo for use in the USB port of your portable devices...will have a much better sound quality than even if you had an extremely high end headphone amp connected to the analog audio out. No problem being plenty loud with volume around only 20% on my tablet...which is a good strong listening volume that I wouldn't want to go louder than:

i-w9RjgcJ.jpg

Black retails for $100 and Red for $200. Have not heard the Black, but the Red is just as good as the DAC in my Yamaha DVD-S1800 SACD player; absolutely dead silent noise floor with nice impact and detail in bass, details in the high frequencies, and very clean sound all through the frequencies. Main reason I got the Dragonfly Red was because it has more voltage output than the Black, 2.1V vs 1.2V, so has more headroom for use with harder to drive headphones, plus it matches the line out voltage of my SACD player. Both Black and Red work with Android, iOS, Windows, and Apple operating systems.

No idea if it would work with the Sansa Clip though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back