Which PMP to replace a Cowon S9 ?
Jan 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vizZir

Head-Fier
Hello everyone !

I'm thinking to replace my Cowon S9 32gb because I'm reaching the full capacity. So obviously I'm looking for a PMP with a slot for SDcard. I have identified 4 interesting PMP:

- Cowon J3: I think it's the normal evolution for me.
- Cowon D3: I had some bad hearings about this product which seems to lag. Do you have some information to confirm it?
- Sky Pantech: Very interesting but no acceleromater and a weak battery life.
- Viliv P3 Prime: Maybe the most interesting for me on the paper but a question: do you know if there is an english language included ?

Do you have any comments especially concerning the Cowon D3 and the Viliv P3 Prime ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 5
Did a bit of searching and found the following UI video which definitely looks interesting:
http://techtickerblog.com/2010/05/26/viliv-p3-prime-pmp-runs-wince-android-os/

Personally, I wouldn't really risk going for a company with such a low global presence (apparently), unless you are in Korea or can afford to risk some cash. My bad, looks like they have a decent global presence, but apparently not for their media players as much. 
http://www.myviliv.com/eng/product/n5.asp

J3 would be a safe bet here, but that video looks seriously interesting. Unfortunately no idea about an english language, but maybe you can e-mail the manufacturer?

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 5
J3, yet I still love my S9. I don't know why you want to get a new one when your memory is too little. Why can't you just remove some artist you never listen to any more. That's just me.

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #4 of 5
Well I don't have so many artists but most of my musics are in flac... Is there a difference concerning the audio quality between S9 and J3 ? 
Someone has information concerning the last Samsung Galaxy YP-G50CW PMP on Android ?

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Well I don't have so many artists but most of my musics are in flac... Is there a difference concerning the audio quality between S9 and J3 ? 
Someone has information concerning the last Samsung Galaxy YP-G50CW PMP on Android ?

J3 and S9 should sound identical.....but of course you could add a microsdhc card to the J3. As you said before, it is the natural evolution for you. The D3 isn't ready for prime time yet, it was released a little too early and it is still kinda buggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back