Which players support album art....
Mar 27, 2006 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ZackT

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know which players support Album Art?

I have a iPod Nano and all my files have album art.

What I find annoying is that the image is so small. I know you can scroll to a bigger size image but in a second it snaps back to the mini one again.

Just out of interest are there any other players out there that support album art ?

The new Sony Eric walkman phone with the 4Gb drive is supposed to (and AAC too!) but I think it's just on the list and does not show when the song is playing.

I think I heard some of the new Creative players show album art? Anyone?

The Kenwood?

Thanks for your help.

ZT

Mar 27, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 11
As you know iPod supports album art. i believe Rockboxed iPods also do. I know Rockboxed H320 supports album art in multiple sizes depending on the wps. The Vision: M supports album art as well. I think the Kenwood player has album art support too.

Mar 27, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14
toshiba gigabeat f series

Thanks Rokin_Amigo14, that's a sweet lookin' player. I see that the artwork is pretty big on the screen. Is it displayed constantly while the song is being played and is the background "wallpaper" customisable? It would be great to be able to put a neutral b/g on in order to display the cover art at it's best.

Mar 27, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam3
As you know iPod supports album art. i believe Rockboxed iPods also do. I know Rockboxed H320 supports album art in multiple sizes depending on the wps. The Vision: M supports album art as well. I think the Kenwood player has album art support too.

That's interesting. I thought (from the screenshots I've seen on here) that with Rockbox on iPod you loose your album art and get a simpler display?

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackT
Does anyone know which players support Album Art?

I have a iPod Nano and all my files have album art.

What I find annoying is that the image is so small. I know you can scroll to a bigger size image but in a second it snaps back to the mini one again.

They fixed that a long time ago. Like on January 10 2006. Just DL the new firmware 1.1. Now when you put it to the large album art it stays until you make it go away. The same with lyrics. They stay till you make them go away.

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737
They fixed that a long time ago. Like on January 10 2006. Just DL the new firmware 1.1. Now when you put it to the large album art it stays until you make it go away. The same with lyrics. They stay till you make them go away.

Jan 2006! That's ages isn't it. Thanks - I'll update.

ZT

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Jan 2006! That's ages isn't it. Thanks - I'll update.

ZT

freaking ages man, feels like years
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Thanks Rokin_Amigo14, that's a sweet lookin' player. I see that the artwork is pretty big on the screen. Is it displayed constantly while the song is being played and is the background "wallpaper" customisable? It would be great to be able to put a neutral b/g on in order to display the cover art at it's best.

here's what you can do. you can see it as a small icon at the top in the now playing. press a side button, and the screen will show the album art, bigger and by itself. and yes, the wall paper can be customized, but it comes with a black background loaded too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back