Which player best fits these criteria?
Jul 6, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman
With the h300 series you gain album art, video(albeit 10fps), picture displays, and usb otg using the host dongle.

Just want to point out that the USBOTG is only on the international version of the H300, if you buy the American version it will not have this port. Video is also not avalible on the American firmware, but you can upgrade to either the international firmware or Rockbox.

Jul 7, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Optical kills the battery life though so if you are in situation where you don't have access to a charger regularly you are going to find your player running out of battery very quickly.

I don't know what you mean by 'very quickly', but I leave my optical on all the time and I still get ~15hrs a charge. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's supposed to get around 16 hours or so with rockbox, so I wouldn't say it 'kills' the battery life. I consider that to be pretty good and I know it puts my ipod to shame. I know I'd sacrafice a lot of battery life to get the optical out feature. Now that I have it I will never by a player without it unless one no longer exists.

Jul 7, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Just want to point out that the USBOTG is only on the international version of the H300, if you buy the American version it will not have this port. Video is also not avalible on the American firmware, but you can upgrade to either the international firmware or Rockbox.

video and usbotg are both available with a US player once the firmware is either korean, japanese or EU. For usb otg to function on the american device the device needs to be powered and ums; that means no fash drives hubs etc..but cameras and the like still apply.

Do you have an aftermarket battery because I don't get near that. THe default firmware gets 16 hours not sure about rockbox. If you have rockbox just use the battery test app and I wholely doubt that you get 15 hours with optical. You should just use the battery benchmark and see what you get there.

Jul 7, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

video and usbotg are both available with a US player once the firmware is either korean, japanese or EU. For usb otg to function on the american device the device needs to be powered and ums; that means no fash drives hubs etc..but cameras and the like still apply.

I know that you can get video by changing the firmware, but I thought it was much harder to get USBOTG because it was something in the hardware not the software.

This is the tutorial I found on Misticriver: http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?t=7700

Jul 8, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Do you have an aftermarket battery because I don't get near that. THe default firmware gets 16 hours not sure about rockbox. If you have rockbox just use the battery test app and I wholely doubt that you get 15 hours with optical. You should just use the battery benchmark and see what you get there.

Rockbox now gets better battery life than the original firmware on the H1XX. I'll see if I can do the battery test.

Jul 8, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigYin
If I may butt in, just a quick question on the iRiver H120: is it a sturdy unit - does it survive unscathed from rough treatment, being dropped etc?

Yes, I feel it's very durable. It's the most durable DAP I've owned by far.

Jul 8, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
I know that you can get video by changing the firmware, but I thought it was much harder to get USBOTG because it was something in the hardware not the software.

This is the tutorial I found on Misticriver: http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?t=7700

I am sango of misticriver I know all about that place. THe mod that they are doing to usb otg can work with non powered devices i.e. flash drives, but usb otg will work with ums powered usb devices. I thnk there is even video in one of the old threads of a user connecting a US player with korean firmware to a samsung yepp mp3 player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back