Which phone has the best sq?
Feb 24, 2008 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Danster.dk

New Head-Fier
I guys.

I want a new phone, but I don't wanna walk around with two devices (phone + MP3-player). Should I consider other phones before buying an Iphone?

Thanks!

/Danster

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 6
most phones have inferior sound quality for daps becuase they dont have independent codecs and dsps for sound processing,

white the iphone is one of the VERY few phones which has dedicated circuitry for music play, my pure hate for apple requires me to also recommend that you check the latest offerings from the sony walkman series, and some of the samsung phones,

dont ask me why, i just have an image of apple as a company who is dedicated to making things pretty insted of actually good,

Mar 15, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Your Sony variants have good SQ, judging SOLELY from the middle market Sony Ericsson phone my buddy has. Can't remember the model, but I remember it having a larger-ish screen with a 2mp camera.

But most Sony things have better SQ than their price bracket market competition.

but as said, it's going to be hard to beat the iPhone as it has it's own dedicated ciruitry, and was intended to be a DAP first, phone in a close second (or vice versa).

Mar 15, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 6
I would have to recommend the iPhone. But I would say that unless you are pairing with good headphones the SQ of the phone may not matter so much.

The reason for mentioning is the better headphones (in most cases) are not to good for portability-- unless you are willing to pay too dollar.

Mar 21, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #6 of 6
The few phones with dedicated audio chips are nokia 5310 and 5610, samsung i450 and i330. Have owned the 5310 and listened to 5610 and i450. The 5310 have probably the best sound I have ever heard from a phone, and it also has a 3.5mm connector on the phone. Still its less than 1cm thick! It is also very cheap: ca250 euros including 2gb microSD. Soundquality of Sonys walkman-phones are utter crap compared to the abovementioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back