Which Pelican case for Sansa Fuze and Custom IEMs?
Sep 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ishmael

100+ Head-Fier
The title says it all. I know the 1010 fits custom IEMs perfectly, but doesnt appear to leave room for a Fuze. I'm sure someone has just such a setup and can advise which Pelican is perfect. Foam or just the regular rubber insert that supposedly fits all iPod models, doesn't matter to me.

A pic would be icing on the cake.

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 7
bump, anyone?

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #3 of 7
I have Fidelity Duals, a block of square foam, and a Fuze in a 1010 all the time. It is pretty tight, and the Fuze just lays on top of it all (it would fall out of you didn't open it with the case flat). It squeezes the foam but it fits and doesn't put too much pressure on anything in my opinion.

I will try to get a pic later today.

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Ok, here are some quick snaps with my webcam.

I typically have the screen facing downwards towards the foam, so the impressions/rings in the top foam of the 1010 are from the rubber protective case on the Fuze, I think it is to attach to an armband or something, not sure. It really isn't putting too much pressure on it, but that top foam is like a memory foam, so the impression tends to stick around.

3976396489_5a487b1ebc_o.jpg

3977159366_070a3f6724_o.jpg

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TyRip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have Fidelity Duals, a block of square foam, and a Fuze in a 1010 all the time. It is pretty tight, and the Fuze just lays on top of it all (it would fall out of you didn't open it with the case flat). It squeezes the foam but it fits and doesn't put too much pressure on anything in my opinion.

I will try to get a pic later today.

How are you liking those Fidelity Duals? Are you satisfied with the bass? I was thinking about getting some and I've been trying to get some opinions. Was the company friendly and easy to work with? Thanks for any help.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sithlord32786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are you liking those Fidelity Duals? Are you satisfied with the bass? I was thinking about getting some and I've been trying to get some opinions. Was the company friendly and easy to work with? Thanks for any help.

I have been happy with the Fidelitys. They are not bass monsters, but the low end response with a good fit is more than enough for me. The low end is clean and well represented. Certainly a little midrange push (extremely wide and smooth push, not a nasty peakiness) that brings detail forward, and wonderfully balanced high frequencies to my ears. So overall, I really love the sound signature of these.

I called the Fidelity office when I needed something, and mostly got someone the first try. I didn't leave messages, however, and kept calling until someone answered, so I don't know how they are at responding. I ordered a second set for my bass player and am in the process of ordering a third for my drummer, so everything has gone pretty well so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back