WHich PCDP to buy? SONY 925 or 955?
Feb 26, 2002 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

mmhardky

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I want to buy either SONY D-EJ925 or 955 (D-EJ1000 is not distributed in Europe). I know that the older model 925 has got better batteries (Ni-MH) but I don't know if this is a reason to buy an old model (I like to have always the newest) Which one has got better phone out? (I know u will tell me that both are crap, but I still need to know which one is better) I will use it with the SONY EX70LP headphone. Anybody used both of these Discmans? Which was better?

Feb 26, 2002 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 20
Funny you asked, I was just about to post something regarding 955 vs. 925. You see, today I about the DT250
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
And on the way home i went into an electronics store with the 955 on display.. Thing is - it was SLIGHTLY bigger than my 925. Same thickness, just a slightly wider diameter. I thought it was smaller... Oh well.. I'd suggest you bought the 955 becuz of the better battlife - it said 96 hours in the shop. This is of course including that extra battery thingy.

One last thing - the on-unit button layout looked much better than that of my 925. The 925's button layout is useless.

Oh, and another last thing - the 955 had a sweeeet charging cradle..

Looks like things are pointing in the 955's direction right? Sure does, but promise me not to decide on anything before someone comments on it's sound.

- Kri

Feb 26, 2002 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by mmhardky
Hi,

I want to buy either SONY D-EJ925 or 955 (D-EJ1000 is not distributed in Europe). I know that the older model 925 has got better batteries (Ni-MH) but I don't know if this is a reason to buy an old model (I like to have always the newest) Which one has got better phone out? (I know u will tell me that both are crap, but I still need to know which one is better) I will use it with the SONY EX70LP headphone. Anybody used both of these Discmans? Which was better?

Where in Europe are you?

I'm in the UK and London is heaving with D-EJ1000s... I'm actually buying one tomorrow
biggrin.gif

I'm puzzled now though, Flasken... You've worried me... Is the EJ1000 purely and simply an EJ955 with better casework?

I don't really wanna pay an extra £50 for better 'bodywork'
frown.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan

You've worried me... Is the EJ1000 purely and simply an EJ955 with better casework?

Did I worry you directly or indirectly? Hmmm... I did read someone here at head-fi saying that they have the same cirquitry... DOn't qoute ME on that.

Will someone please comment on their sound?

Duncan, please explain your new avatar
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 8:22 PM Post #6 of 20
Flasken... Its my D777
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 20
OH! Looks like it's in the middle of a genetic mutation...

meh...

Feb 27, 2002 at 1:16 AM Post #8 of 20
I'm living in Slovakia but am buying electronics in Austria. If they have it in UK, than they will probably have it also in Germany... Hmmm... a little bit too far for me but... Hmmm...
I know, that the 955 can play 92 hours with akku+battery and 925 "only" 80, but 925 has got Ni-MH akku which should have the full capacity after more rechargings than Ni-Cd akku (as in 955). Ni-MH akku is also more expensive than Ni-Cd. And 925 is also prettyer than 955, I think... So what to do now???
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2002 at 10:14 AM Post #15 of 20
I dunno about cheap but Im using a porta corda with it and its a really nice combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back