Which pair would fit my needs better?
Jul 24, 2013 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

soltenebrum

Head-Fier
After my previous thread and some more research, I'm at the last stage. I'll cut to the chase. I listen to lots of metal, a bit blues, rock and classical. I'm not particularly a basshead, but I enjoy my CAL!'s bass, though I dislike single note and/or non-textured bass (ie. Senn CX300). I prefer a forward presentation over a laid-back one and detail/clarity is a necessity. I also don't want to have lots of cans with similar sound signature but a wide coverage within the aforementioned confines. I plan to get 2 pairs, one from the each of the following pools;

Pool 1;
  1. Sennheiser Amperior
  2. Beyer DT1350

Pool 2;
  1. Brainwavz B2/Fischer Audio DBA-02
  2. Rock It Sounds R-50
  3. Vsonic GR07
  4. TDK BA200

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I also plan to get a Fiio E11 and an Objective2.

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 12
Since you'll be buying a good pair of IEMs for portable use, have you considered getting full sized headphones that are not forward? Given your music genre interest of metal, blues, and rock and a desire for a forward sound, Grado SR225i might be a good choice for you. However, they are open headphones and are not suitable for use when you need isolation.

Otherwise, for comparisons of the Amperior and DT1350, see the reviews for each linked from the Innerfidelity Wall of Fame page: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-ear-pad-sealed
That should give you a good idea of the differences between the two.

Similarly, joker has reviewed all of the IEMs but the TDK: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-290-iems-compared-earsonics-sm64-added-07-23-13-p-735
Those reviews would be useful for determining the differences between those as well.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #6 of 12
Thanks for the replies. I read all those links and a bunch more about the headphones I mentioned and I can say that I have learned what one can, by solely reading about sound thus I'm pretty much done with the recommendation phase.

What I seek is more like "Amperior and R-50 would compliment each other nicely and satisfy the need for a wide coverage of sound signature, without failing in mentioned genres. (Amperior's forward V-shaped curve and R-50's neutral, warmish, detailed sound) " kind of an answer.

Joker's thread without question was the most helpful source for my previous headphone purchases, but in this situation, unfortunately, it is not enough for me to pull the trigger, nor another review/shootout would be. (Since the thread is not based on direct A/B comparison and they all have similar scores.) The rest is where I need the assistance, where the other variables add up to the equation; namely the music preference and the harmony between headphones.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 12
The rest is where I need assistance help and the other variables add in to the equation namely the music preference and their harmony with the other pair.

That's going to be so subjective, though, that any testimonials you get discussing those things won't help you much more. Your listening tastes will make such a big difference in comparison to what others can tell you. It's easy to get caught up in reading and researching more and more and looking for those answers to make that perfect purchase. But in reality, reading forums and reviews will only get you about 80% of the way there. Gotta make your best guess :)

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #8 of 12
I guess that is the case. Not on a whole new level of subjectivity, as nearly everything going around this forum is pretty much subjective, it should be possible to maybe squeeze out %85. Maybe I should ask Joker his opinion. I always ended up pleased with the choices I made according to his judgement. Anyway thanks for your time.

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I read all those links and a bunch more about the headphones I mentioned and I can say that I have learned what one can, by solely reading about sound thus I'm pretty much done with the recommendation phase.

What I seek is more like "Amperior and R-50 would compliment each other nicely and satisfy the need for a wide coverage of sound signature, without failing in mentioned genres. (Amperior's forward V-shaped curve and R-50's neutral, warmish, detailed sound) " kind of an answer.

Joker's thread without question was the most helpful source for my previous headphone purchases, but in this situation, unfortunately, it is not enough for me to pull the trigger, nor another review/shootout would be. (Since the thread is not based on direct A/B comparison and they all have similar scores.) The rest is where I need the assistance, where the other variables add up to the equation; namely the music preference and the harmony between headphones.

Th R50 is NOT warm at all. I would say that the DT1350 and the GR07 MKII are good choices. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back