Which pair of these headphones you suggest me to buy? Audio technica ath-m50x or beyerdynamics custom pro?
Jan 14, 2015 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Lucagt9

New Head-Fier
Hi, i need the opinion of an audiofile, i have a pair of beats pro, do you think that the two pairs of headphones of the title are better of them? I'll use them in my room so i don't need neither particular portability nor specific style, i want only a great sound quality

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 19
What is your bugdet? What genres do you listen to? Are you gonna buy an amp or do you prefer easy-to-drive cans?
I think whatever you buy will sound way better than Beats - it's so overpriced for what it's really worth. They spend all their money on bradning instead of the product itself. 
If you want something that has a similar sound signature as Beats you wanna look at v-shaped cans.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 19
Well, my budget is as much as i earn selling the pro's, so i think about understabd 200$, i listen to a wide range of musi genres but i prefer electronic one. I don't think to buy an amplifier, i've also a pair of v-moda crossfade lp, but what i want to know is if that two headphones or also other ones sounds better than the ones that i have already.
Thank you

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #4 of 19
I dont know the Audio Technica's but I do know the Beyers. Are you okay with less bass impact than ur current ones? The Beyers has less bass quantity but more bass quality. If not I suggest to look at v-moda m-100 with XL pads.

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #5 of 19
I've already a v-moda headphones so i read that the beyers and the audiotechnica were good, i'm sceptic about the customization aspect of the beyers because i was searching a professional high quality headhpones...

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #6 of 19
I've already a v-moda headphones so i read that the beyers and the audiotechnica were good, i'm sceptic about the customization aspect of the beyers because i was searching a professional high quality headhpones...

You say you want better sound than you get  from your current ones. That's hard for me to jugde by since it's very subjective. Try to explain what you want improved in your current ones.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #7 of 19

You say you want better sound than you get  from your current ones. That's hard for me to jugde by since it's very subjective. Try to explain what you want improved in your current ones.

ok i know that the beats are overpriced but with the pro's i've listened to some particular details that i've never heard with other headphones. wherever you go on internet you read that the beats have such a bad sound, so i want to buy a pair of headphones that sounds objectively better, they may have less deep bass but more equilibrate and clear. i concluded that the audiotechnica and the beyer are the best one basing of some reviews, but why they are better? is it worthing to change the pro with one of them? remembering the fact that i have the crossfade lp so i don't want to buy a new pair of headphones that aren't better of them also

Jan 14, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #8 of 19

ok i know that the beats are overpriced but with the pro's i've listened to some particular details that i've never heard with other headphones. wherever you go on internet you read that the beats have such a bad sound, so i want to buy a pair of headphones that sounds objectively better, they may have less deep bass but more equilibrate and clear. i concluded that the audiotechnica and the beyer are the best one basing of some reviews, but why they are better? is it worthing to change the pro with one of them? remembering the fact that i have the crossfade lp so i don't want to buy a new pair of headphones that aren't better of them also

You say you concluded they are better but also ask why? :D

Do you want open or closed cans?

Jan 14, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #9 of 19

You say you concluded they are better but also ask why? :D

Do you want open or closed cans?

ahah i read that they are better as regards sound quality but it seems a bit general consideration.. i'll use them in my room so open/close is not a problem, my only concern is about the quality of the sound :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #12 of 19
http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-HP200-Premium-Folding-Headphones/dp/B00DJ61FHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421264113&sr=8-1&keywords=Soundmagic+HP200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back