Which op-amp do you prefer?
Oct 17, 2003 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Karlosak

100+ Head-Fier
I know this is a bit subjective and component/rig/preference dependent, but I would like to know which op-amp do you generally prefer the most in your op-amp based amplifiers (META, PPA,...).

Oct 17, 2003 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 5
Please why not explain a little bit your preference? Headphones used, etc....instead of just voting, this way we will have a better idea of which to choose....

Oct 17, 2003 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 5
I like the LT1028 myself. I have a pair of OPA604's that I may drop in this weekend.

Oct 18, 2003 at 8:22 AM Post #4 of 5
As you guys vote and respond, could you please help me identify the best opamps for a neutral-to-warm sound, that is, a treble that is not hard or bright but retains all the delicacy and subtlety of the input signal? I'm thinking about portables specifically (my home amp will be tubes). Thanks, this would help me a lot.

Oct 18, 2003 at 2:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Stoney
As you guys vote and respond, could you please help me identify the best opamps for a neutral-to-warm sound, that is, a treble that is not hard or bright but retains all the delicacy and subtlety of the input signal? I'm thinking about portables specifically (my home amp will be tubes). Thanks, this would help me a lot.

this would point more twards the AD8610

Users who are viewing this thread

Back