which one's the best?!
Nov 9, 2005 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

faX

New Head-Fier
Hello, its me again!
I have Koss The spark and and audio technica fc5/7 something headphones and its time for a new mp3. I want the one with the best sound of course and i have some really good challengers!
smily_headphones1.gif
If you could just tell me which one of these are the absolutely best?

1. IAudio U2
2. Asono AB 300
3. Iriver T20
4. Ipod Shuffle
5. Creative Zen nano plus

I think all of them are good but there is one, only one to be destined for me
basshead.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 19
I don't see the device making that much difference in the SQ. I would go with the one with the best features, warranty, and most of all price.

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 19
iAudio, iRiver, creative or iPod, those all have good sq, comparable with each other, except the shuffle doesn't have a customisable eq.
What do you wanna pay for it?
The iRiver and iAudio do have many features (radio, rec, line-inrec, time?) that the shuffle doesn't have, but the shuffle is far less expensive I thought.
Don't know anything about the creative, except that I read in reviews that it has great sq.
Do a search on the ones you find most interesting.
If I were you, I would go for the creative--> not so expensive as the iriver/iaudio, has a screen, has many possibilities and is relative cheap to buy.

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 19
Is being able to see what you're playing important? If it is don't get a shuffle.

Nov 9, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 19
alright, well all of those are around 100$ and i dont care about the features as long as it have some good sound in it. I've already done a research and every review shows that its a good player. Im especially curious about the iriver t20 and the creative. Its so hard
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #8 of 19
Which one has a replaceable battery or has the longest batterylife?
go with that one.
Other wise go for the one which has the highest number on cnet and dapreview. Or the one that has the nicest look
icon10.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #11 of 19
so, 2 players left. and i need help, this should be an easy choice for some of you great audiophiles! You carry a great wisdom, share it!

Iaudio U2 vs Iriver t30

Nov 12, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by faX
so, 2 players left. and i need help, this should be an easy choice for some of you great audiophiles! You carry a great wisdom, share it!

Iaudio U2 vs Iriver t30

I would go with the U2 from the start. It looks nice, cowon is a great company, sounds great, has lot's of features. However, iriver is about the same, i would just flip a coin and get one. Or get the cheaper of the 2, wont matter much.

Nov 12, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
I don't see the device making that much difference in the SQ. I would go with the one with the best features, warranty, and most of all price.

you're kidding right? without a good source nothing's gonna sound good, regardless of the format of the music or the hardware used.

Nov 12, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev
you're kidding right? without a good source nothing's gonna sound good, regardless of the format of the music or the hardware used.

I agree with Chris, who's probably had experiences with most if not all of those players listed, so I wouldn't criticize his opinion.

The iAudio, new iPods, the Shuffle, Creative + iRiver DAPs all have good SQ and are nearly all on par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back