Which one should I pick?
Jan 31, 2017 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TriXoo

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new pair of headphones mainly for long sessions of music listening and most importantly gaming.
Till this day I used a pair of gaming headphones (which all of you hate) and decided that I want good professional headphones In terms of comfort, sound quality, big soundstage and weight.
I've narrowed my options to a few headphones:
1.Sennheiser HD 595,598,600
2.Beyerdynamics DT770-DT990
3.AKG 702
The main thing I want is the ability to pinpoint locations and footsteps in-game (call it virtual surround 5.1 or whatever)
the most accurately.
If you could share your thoughts and opinions from your experience I would be very greatful.

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 10
Also if you have an opinion about a different pair I would be more than happy to read it..
I've just read that I need headphones with very accurate positional audio so If you got anything in mind.. Feel free to share it. :D

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 10
600 is the best all rounder for MUSIC but needs a nice setup powering it.  It is not very good with gaming.

I would go with the k702 or DT880 for gaming. Senn hd598 is also a solid choice, but personally I prefer the first two I mentioned.

The rest you listed I would scratch off.  The dt770 is only good if your looking for a closed back and the dt990 has a wildly V-shaped tuning that will feel like needles in your ears.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 10
mysticstryk could you explain what do you mean by v shaped tuning? Sorry for the probably obvious question I'm new to this forum and terms
And also, is the dt880 good for music aswell?
A more accurate question will be, Is it a high quality sounding headphones? In terms of highs and lows and bass?

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 10
@mysticstryk could you explain what do you mean by v shaped tuning? Sorry for the probably obvious question I'm new to this forum and terms
And also, is the dt880 good for music aswell?
A more accurate question will be, Is it a high quality sounding headphones? In terms of highs and lows and bass?

The DT990 has boosted bass, recessed mids and a mountain of treble.

The DT880 is great with music.  The bass and mids are pretty well balanced, while the treble is a little elevated.  Works great with gaming.  For music I would pair it with a warmer sounding source to alleviate the elevated treble.

If your wanting more bass, the Fidelio X2 is pretty solid with gaming, though is a step behind the DT880 with music, unless you find the 880 bass light.

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 10
The HD600 paired with a decent amp will outclass the 598 or 595 easily and will scale better than them too.

Have you considered the HD650? Their sound stage is slight improved and are less fatiguing on the ears than the 600.

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #8 of 10
JoHit
I actually haven't tried the 600 nor the 650
My own experience are the SteelSeries gaming headsets
I understand that the 6xx bass is weak and I enjoy bass so I think they are out of the picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Back