Which One Should I Get: The Westone 3, Um2 or Audio Technica CK7?
May 4, 2007 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
Hi...I want your help on deciding which one of these to get for use with my Cowon U3.

Also since the Westone 3 is coming out, do you expect a price drop for the Um2.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thank You.

May 5, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #2 of 14
God Please Help Me.

Thanx.

May 5, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 14
Well... the CK7 is alot more cheaper than either of those phones. I haven't tried the W3s but the UM2s are very comfortable and I can only assume that the 3s are even better than the UM2s across the board.

It's a matter of how much you want to spend. Personally I would get the 3s and be happy with it for a long time.

May 5, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 14
You have to state your favorite and expectation, then people knows what the best option be suggested to you.

May 5, 2007 at 2:06 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

You have to state your favorite and expectation, then people knows what the best option be suggested to you.

To be honest, I don't have alot of experience with headphones/earphones. The best headphones & the only one I currently have is the Sennheiser PX100 that I use with my Cowon U3 & it sounds very good.

May 5, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #7 of 14
Well if you have the money, and you want exclusive bragging rights, I say go for the Westone 3s. I have the UM2s for some months now and they're really good too but they aren't cheap as well. CK7 isn't really an iem, it's a canal earphone (but of course it's always debatable).

May 5, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 14
Okay what do you think about the Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones?

Thanx.

May 5, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #9 of 14
If i got the money, I would buy Westone 3, especially with the traditional pre-release price drop (e.g. headphonesolutions)...

May 5, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #10 of 14
I'm trying to decide between the UM2 and 3 right now if I go the IEM route. I just don't know if I'm ready to drop $380 on a pair of earphones, let alone $240 (UM2 street price).

But I haven't disregarded the HD25-1 ($180) if I decide to go the portable supraaural route... and for the price of the Westone 3, I could add an amp to it as well.

May 13, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #11 of 14
Okay I'll get the Westone 3 if the reviews come out positive.

These earphone are very expensive $400 so I am wondering if they will last a long time?

Also will earphonesolutions.com give price breaks when they sell a new product to the market? Right now it lists the Westone 3 at $399 on their website.

Also I like to take clean showers & that includes washing my ears...So will I have to be extra careful after showering & putting on my earphones?

Thank You.

May 13, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsky5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay what do you think about the Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones?

Thanx.

if you're using jeteffect, mp3enhance etc. with your u3, you'll not probably need a very boomy iem. cowon & sf5pro might be a tiring combo (imho). you'd better focus on iems with greater treble performance.

May 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #13 of 14
I think if you don't want to upgrade your IEMs for next couple years then Westone 3 worth the price. Because it's True 3 Way Drivers(one for lows, one for mids, one for highs) with 2 seperate crossover State of the Art Earphones. UE TF10Pro and SE530PTH are triple drivers(dual woofers and one tweeter) IEMs. If you want midrange IEMs then SF5Pro(dual drivers) and E4c are realy good. E4c shows more details in mids and highs than SF5Pro but the bass is not rich and detailed as SF5Pro. BTW iam buying Westone 3 and i think it's worth the price.

May 14, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #14 of 14
The ratio of opinion to fact in these comparisons has been dropping for a while since there are few triple.fi's out there and only a handful of westone 3's. I have decided that I am willing to spend this kind of money on one of the three iem's with three drivers --- these two plus the sure e500/se530 --- and I am eagerly awaiting further comparative reviews, although I have found the reviews to date reasonably enlightening. If I remember correctly, the eta on the westones is 5/21 but I was unable to figure out the general release date for the triple.fi's from the threads or the ue web site. Anyone out there with more comparisons and intelligence regarding availability?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back