Which one should I choose? FiiO E09K vs Mav D1/D2
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

radicalrev

Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I am looking for an advice for which DAC to choose from. Either the FiiO E09K or Mav Audio D1 or D2.

Why only these 3 choices?
First I need 2 analog (RCA) outputs, one to my Headphone Amp, and another to my active 2.1 speakers.
Secondly, these 3 are the only choice I have living in Indonesia. :frowning2:

Prices for each unit here in Indonesia:
1. FiiO E09K (110USD)
2. Mav D1 (200USD)
3. Mav D2 (250USD)

Out of the 3 which will you choose? 

I am only be using it as a dedicated standalone DAC, as I will hook my HD650 into my Millett Hybrid Minimax Headamp. However, I more often use my active 2.1 Aktimate Mini speakers. 

Is the Mav DAC much better than the FiiO DAC considering it double the price? Also does the D2 well worth 50USD more than the older D1?

Let me know what you guys think

Mar 12, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 3
The FiiO E09K is no good for you as it is not a DAC. For it to work, you would need to add on the E07K or E17, effectively putting the FiiO rig in the same price category as the Maverick Audio.

I haven't used any Maverick Audio stuff but I've heard some good stuff, as well as some unsettling stuff. It looks sharp, offers more flexible inputs, and the gamble may pay off. I honestly couldn't tell you what I would do in your situation. The FiiO gets good reviews but spending $110 on an E09K just to add a couple of outputs to an E07K seems unnecessary. I'd probably try the Maverick Audio and hope that the people with poor experiences are in the minority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back