Which One of These Sennheisers?
Jan 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Pattonromell

Head-Fier
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/on-ear-headphones-travel-headphones

I usually listen to classical music and I am looking for very flat. I can pay up to $150 maybe thirt bucks more, but I am also opened to any other brand. I am also going to get the Fiios E11; unless there is a cheaper and better one than those. Pleas help I really want new headphones. However, I want a hard case to.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 8
Do you want a closed headphone or an open one? An open headphone typically has better highs and a better soundstage. An open headphone won't block noise around you.

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 8
I'm guessing you're going to use these as portables? Are you going to use them while traveling on buses or planes, or anywhere loud? Open headphones not only leak sound out, they leak sound in.

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
I'm guessing you're going to use these as portables? Are you going to use them while traveling on buses or planes, or anywhere loud? Open headphones not only leak sound out, they leak sound in.

Yup portable use! I am going to use them for walking to school, planes, and I am having a trip to D.C. Also, no problem with leakage; just as long it doesn't leak too much. I am debating if I hsould get the HD 449 with the Fiiod E11.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 8
I own the FiiO E11 and its a superb Amp. It has a somewhat dark feel to it when amping music but its nothing bad to say the least.

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #7 of 8
You're gonna want closed cans on a plane. 1) to block out the drone of the plane, 2) so your neighbor doesn't kill you from having to listen to your music so loud because you've turned it up to drown out the noise from the plane 

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
I own the FiiO E11 and its a superb Amp. It has a somewhat dark feel to it when amping music but its nothing bad to say the least.

HHmmmm..... I'm not sure if I would want a dark sound. I prefer one that has I guess both a happy and sad. Any suggestions?

Quote:
You're gonna want closed cans on a plane. 1) to block out the drone of the plane, 2) so your neighbor doesn't kill you from having to listen to your music so loud because you've turned it up to drown out the noise from the plane 

That's true, but I rarely go on planes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back