Which one of these do you recommend ?
Oct 6, 2015 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cpper

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone :)
I want to buy some new in-ear earphones, and am looking for decent bass and sound quality. There's no reason to tell you my price range because just a few earphones are available here, and the prices are a lot higher than in the US.

I think I'm gonna choose between these three:

1. JVC HA FX1X
  2. Sennheiser cx300 II
  3. Sony MDR EX450

I'm a little confused regarding the JVC's, because of the newer FX101 model, which is also available here. Some reports, like this one state the 101's are a lot better, and some, such as this or this(scroll down) say the older are the better.

Any help would be appreciated :D

PS: I've also added a poll, hope it's not a problem.

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 6
Hi @cpper

Try posting in ljokerl's thread : http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-346-iems-compared-philips-fidelio-s1-and-s2-added-10-04-15-p-1087/16305

It would help if you included these details too:
1. Previously owned IEMs and what you liked/disliked about them
2. No compromise factors like form, size, mic etc

PS: Here's what he had to say about the FX101 vs fx1x

I am among those who think the FX101 improves on the FX1X. The FX1X sounded more boomy and muddy to me. Considering the bass quantity, I think the smaller drivers actually benefit the FX101. Generally speaking, there’s no reason to say that an earphone with larger drivers is automatically better. The (absolutely fantastic) Yamaha EPH-100, for example, uses a tiny 6mm driver.

Oct 11, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks getclikinagas, finally someone 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back