Which one is the best?
Feb 15, 2014 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

iRaptr

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone!
Im planning to buy a new headphone. I currently have a NGS 360DJ, which is not very good... I would like something more confortable and, of course, with a better sound quality.

A can pay up to 40€. Basically here, I have this choices, so which one is better?

Sennheiser  HD 202-II
Pioneer SE-M290
AKG K518 DJ
Pioneer SE-MJ721-K
AKG K512 MK I

Music that I listen to: ACDC, Def Leppard, Stratovarius, Iron Maiden, The Cure etc... Well mostly Rock and Metal
EDIT: BTW, I will be using them with an PC (Im not going to take them outside)

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 4
One vote for the HD202. 

I've heard the lower-end budget AKG's, (K77/K99 which the K512 MkI is based on) and they weren't much good.
If the K518 sounds anything like the K618 I could recommend those as well, but they clamp quite a bit so it's not very comfortable.

Don't know much about the two Pioneer's. If Pioneer's are available, how much can you get the SE-A1000 for? There's a lot of people here that like them.

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #3 of 4
  One vote for the HD202. 

I've heard the lower-end budget AKG's, (K77/K99 which the K512 MkI is based on) and they weren't much good.
If the K518 sounds anything like the K618 I could recommend those as well, but they clamp quite a bit so it's not very comfortable.

Don't know much about the two Pioneer's. If Pioneer's are available, how much can you get the SE-A1000 for? There's a lot of people here that like them.

Hi,
Unfortunatly they cost 50€ more, and thats too much...
They are selling the HD203, but is it worth the 10€ diference from the 202, for rock/metal?
If they are not very confortable I dont want them... that an important point

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi
I have a friend that said to me that the AKG K512 MK2 are better for rock/metal, and I have to confess, I love the visual of these ones... what do you think, the senheisers are still better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back