Which one is better?
Aug 22, 2006 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

osoucy

Head-Fier
Hi Guys

I bought a pair of HD 595 and I thought it would be good to use an amp (the source is an iMac G5).

I know that the best solution would be for me to get a dedicated DAC/AMP, but here is I can do without any purchases.

1) Use directly the output of the iMac
2) Connect my Logitech® Z-2300 speakers to my iMac and then use the headphone output to plug my HD 595.
3) Use and old DENON AVC-3020 amp plugged to the iMac and then use the headphone port on the amp for my HD 595.

So which one would sound the best?

Aug 22, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 7
probably #3, but since you own everything that you listed why not listen for yourself?

It's what you think that matters.

Aug 23, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes
probably #3, but since you own everything that you listed why not listen for yourself?

It's what you think that matters.

Because I don't have my headphones yet, lol

Aug 23, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 7
doh.gif

Aug 23, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by osoucy
Hi Guys

I bought a pair of HD 595 and I thought it would be good to use an amp (the source is an iMac G5).

I know that the best solution would be for me to get a dedicated DAC/AMP, but here is I can do without any purchases.

2) Connect my Logitech® Z-2300 speakers to my iMac and then use the headphone output to plug my HD 595.
3) Use and old DENON AVC-3020 amp plugged to the iMac and then use the headphone port on the amp for my HD 595.

When you feel like spending some money, get a nice DAC and headAmp as the G5 Imac has a great sounding optical out.

Sep 7, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by osoucy
Hi Guys

4) Zhaolu D2 DAC http://www.ifiaudio.com/d2.html

Despite the fact you can do the above without making any more purchases, the Zhaolu is excellent value for money.

I use an iMac and the zhaolu D2. It's as simple as an optical cable from the mac to the DAC, and headphones into the DAC. The SQ will be much better than any other option you've got up there, and it's not very expensive either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back