Which of these MS1's is the one I need?
Mar 8, 2006 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

comet

New Head-Fier
On Alessandro's headphone online-store there are two MS1's listed. I'm looking for the one that terminates with a small 3.5mm plug (the one that can be plugged into a walkman, ipod etc.) They have:

1) Headphone Music Series One
2) Headphone: Music Series One w/Mini-plug Adapter

I'm guessing it is the second one I need, but there's a bit of ambiguity i.e a headphone that comes with a "Mini-plug Adapter" (an adapter that terminates with a 3.5mm plug) must accomodate only those large (1/4") plugs, thus the headphone terminating with a large 1/4" plug... Or did they actually mean:
( Headphone: "Music Series One w/Mini-plug" plus Adapter to convert to full size 1/4" ) ?

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 4
From the Alessandro web site:
Quote:

NOTE: Models listed "w/ mini-plug" come with a small 1/8" plug plus the adaptor to convert to full size 1/4"

So the one that you want is the "w/ mini-plug".

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 4
That note was only added recently, btw
smily_headphones1.gif
. I ordered 1) and received the phones with a native 1/4" plug. You're most likely looking to order option 2.

Mar 8, 2006 at 12:11 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah I am looking at those also and was wondering the same exact thing. The website really doesn't explain it very clearly. I don't know why they don't just market one of them 1/4" and one of them 1/8". It would certainly clear things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back