Which of these IEM should I choose? CX500, CX95, UE S.fi3, UE M.fi2, DTX50 or AH-C551?
Nov 4, 2008 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RipRapRob

Head-Fier
Me: Currently using cheap Sony with a bassy sound I like - but I'm missing something in the highs. Anything I choose will probably be an upgrade
L3000.gif

Player: Sansa Fuze - NO amp.

Usage: Mostly on the move (in the train, walking, riding my bike) and on the job when I'm stuck there late afternoon).

Music: Rock, electronic, some metal, a little classical.

Sound preferences: More bass than neutral.

Candidates - based on local prices, which for these models is more or less the same (and I know, this may differ from the prices YOU can buy headphones for):

Sennheiser CX500
I've read Sennheisers CX300 for its money is a fantastic upgrade for iPod-users, using the headphones that came with the player. But the bass is not the best, therefore the CX500.
Dislikes: The volume control (another thing that can fail).

Sennheiser CX95
Normally more expensive than the CX500 (thus better?), but currently on sale. Are they neutral or on the bassy side?
Dislikes: Ugly! I know, looks shouldn't matter, but it does.

Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 studio
Studio = too neutral for my taste (no bass?).
A little more expensive than I would like.

Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 2
Too neutral?
A little more expensive than I would like.

Beyerdynamic DTX 50 SW
Ehm, the price is right?

DENON AH-C551
A little more expensive than I would like - and they look heavy (metal housing?)

Your input is appreciated
L3000.gif

Thanks
redface.gif
)

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 6
The Westone Um1 is about twice(or more) of the price of the others I mentioned, here in Denmark.

The Phillips are BEAUTIFUL, but according to the reviews I've read, not so worth the price.

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 6
*UE Super.Fi 3 Studio - too less bass output (if you like bass)

*Byeredynamic DTX50 imo is very, very similiar to Koss KEB/24 (which are lot cheaper)

*Denons C551 - should be fine, very nice bass, good details (although can sybilize a little)

I'd take Denons
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by RipRapRob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Westone Um1 is about twice(or more) of the price of the others I mentioned, here in Denmark.

The Phillips are BEAUTIFUL, but according to the reviews I've read, not so worth the price.

Well, may be, but IMO it is at least on par with the Super.fi. 3 and the likes. Check out my review in my signature if you'd like to find out more.

UM1 is cheaper than the Phillips in where I live.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back