Which of the new overseas iems to buy
May 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

steepers

Head-Fier
Not sure this justifies a new thread but I was looking at purchasing the remaining 3 iems that have been creating hype on this forum (b3, tenore, and, when released, the vsd3).

Now the questions is, for anyone that has 2 or more of these, are they different enough from the kc06 to justify another purchase?? The kc06 is the pair that I own now and honestly they are awesome and the best that I've heard but there are certain people that prefer the others over this iem but is the signature on the other iems different enough to validate another couple of purchases?

May 18, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 3
Yep. Each one has their characteristic, and each may appeal differently to each person. All you can do is read the impressions of others, decide if its right for you, and take the plunge.

The allure of these new overseas iems is the quality/price ratio and bang for the buck that you get.

Since I'm all about bang for the buck and have had lots of experience dealing with Chinese vendors, I started the Asian audio thread to increase awareness that these values exist. That would probably be the best place to look for info. Vsonic and such have been known for awhile, but its great seeing newcomers like ostry,havi, zero audio, etc creating outstanding iems that blow away most of what we have domestically here in retail stores for the price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

May 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 3
Being relatively new to head fi, think I'm just going to order them all, at some point :p worst case scenario I'll take a hit and sell them at a loss. However, I do prefer a sparkly high end over a boomy low end. Which the kc06 already fulfills... Ahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back