Which Music for a Dentist's office?
Feb 20, 2007 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

wnewport

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been put in charge with compiling a playlist of around 4 days worth of music.

I have some ideas of some pretty safe stuff to put on there. But if you have any ideas or artists you think I haven't heard of let me know.

There will be a playlist for a kid's area and one for adults. The kids area should be more fun, but this doesn't necessarily mean the Lion King's OST.

There can't be any curse words, I'm sure rare less-offensive one would be acceptable, you get the point.

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 22
So we're talking about the dentist's office right? Well, here's some for starters:

Cannibal Corpse
Megadeth
Fantomas
Clutch
Benny Benassi

I'll have to think about this more regarding the adult playlists tho'.....

k1000smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
280smile.gif

Sorry, had to throw that in! How bout some

Adults/Kids

Lamb
Candy Dulfer
Morcheeba
Massive Attack
Euge Groove
Delerium
Early Sarah Mclachlan
Thievery Corporation
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Al Di Meola

Kids

O-Zone
maybe some of the Kids Bop cds?
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Afro Celt Sound System
Baka Beyond
Mystic Diversions

Actually, most of either would work for kids or adults

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 22
Thanks the reply. I haven't heard of some of those, but I will check them out.

It is actually an orthodontist's office, but I thought the title would be more appealing if I said dentist.

Sorry to mislead.
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 22
I think Classical Music is most suited for such an enviroment. Pick up compilation cds and play them in random. If you want something more "active", you should play stuff from Jam bands like Phish, King Crimson, Chick Corea, and some peppy blues albums. I would stay away from Metal, hard rock, grunge, alternative and such.

Feb 20, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 22
Classic Rock probably suits a lot of people's tastes and comfort levels. Stuff that isn't too fast paced like early Beatles songs, Van Morrison, Roy Orbison, Simon and Garfunkel. The only thing I could think of in today's music would be adult alternative, Chris Isaak, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Toad the wet sprocket, etc.
Although I don't know if the area you're in will make a difference as to what might be well-suited.

Feb 21, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #9 of 22
for the sake of laughs.....

Weird Al Yankovic - "Cavity Search"
evil_smiley.gif

but i think the Massive Attack - Mezzanine album would be nice. has that sort of 'relaxing' kinda beat... the calm before the storm
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #10 of 22
Chicago is some great doctor/dentist music, in my opinion. stuff like Saturday in the Park, Wishing You Were Here, Free... etc.

upbeat horn bands in generaly are a good choice.

1979 by Smashing Pumpkins, In Between Days by The Cure, Soul To Squeeze by RHCP are also nicec songs- kind of chill but still fun!

really, anything works besides gangsta rap and death metal. throwing Crazy Train in there couldn't hurt though...
eggosmile.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #11 of 22
This really calls for some pranks...

I'd suggest Cryptopsy - ..And Then You'll Beg

Seriously.. I don't know. I think I haven't ever heard anything else than local FM radio at dentist's office.

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #12 of 22
I'd recommend relaxing music.
Tingstad & Rumbel
Enya
Maire Brennan
Michael Harrison (piano)
Ralph Vaughan Williams (classical, 20th century)
Bach concertos
Davy Spillane

Mix these in with some of the other suggestions to keep the playlists from becoming... boring.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #13 of 22
Drowning Pool - Let the Body's Hit the Floor

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #14 of 22
Just thought I'd share a little story I thought was kinda funny.

Just before I was going in to have my wisdoms out, I could hear what the surgeon was listening to.

Some female artist doing a cover of REM -Everybody hurts, so true, lets just say that made me a little nervous...
biggrin.gif

Definitely have to slip that one in somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back