Which mp3 player???
Jun 3, 2013 at 6:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

andreamang

100+ Head-Fier
Hello to all.
I'm here to write to you for advice on what to buy mp3 player possibly remaining within the € 50 max!
I seem to have realized that there are the Sansa Clip Zip that are good alternatives ...?
I use public transport to go to work for a short hour a day... 

I decided to buy a dedicated reader after I have a friend of mine lent me his sansa clip zip and tried it with the Sennheiser CX 300-II and I noticed a big difference with the cell phone SonyEricsson X10 Mini which I do not fulfills ...

Thanks...

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 14
Clip Zip might even be the only really good choice at the price level. I can't think of even one similarly priced competing product that would be any good. Maybe someone else knows of one. If you buy the Clip Zip you can be happy you made a good choice.

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 14
I think for that price there is no better.
Is it possible that sounds better than my cell phone??

I haven't heard your cell phone and I haven't seen any credible assessment of the sound quality (most reviews of cell phone audio are unsubstantiated by measurement or listening test and focus on eq presets, music player apps and so on). Some phones do have very nice sound, recent iPhones for example, but most do not. It is certainly possible that Clip Zip sounds better than your phone, and it's even probable, but I don't know.

In your first post you describe how much better your friend's Clip Zip and Sennheisers sounded compared to your phone. Did you try the Sennheisers with your phone as well? Maybe much or all the difference you appreciated was due to the earphones. You are the best judge of this.

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:
I did not have the impression that you were using a term that you didn't understand and was not addressing you. I quoted andreamang because I was replying to him.

Right. From where I was standing, it looked like it was addressing me. Sorry. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #13 of 14
The poor guy is probably twice as confused now 
frown.gif

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #14 of 14
Hi Lads -

Lets make this advise more universal. Maybe someone with experience cross the range of so called mp3 players will be able to make a recommendation for 2 - 3 models in different price brackets? Like up to 50, 50 to 100, 100 to 150 and so on? It would be really at help. I looked through the forum and googled the web and all I found are comparsions from the time of CowonS9 (which you officially cannot buy anywhere now, except second hand examples). Is there anything as good as Cowon S9 nowdays in up to euro200?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back