Which mp3 player provides the best sound?
Apr 23, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #17 of 27
HD3 would get my vote...with ATRAC format,

If only they got rid of the background hiss on sensitive phones
redface.gif

Apr 24, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloii
creative zen micro
iaudio x5
iriver h10
iriver h320

what are their pro/cons

I never tried the X5 but for the others:

Zen Micro.

Pros: Smallest, Great Sound , Loudest [I remember reading it's output was only 7Mw, but I found it louder than both the H320 (20Mw/channel), and H10(18Mw/Channel)]. Feature packed. Plays DRM. Simplest to use. Ok radio reception. Best Price.

Cons: Shortest battery life (Not bad though, but a con compared to the other two), Touchpad over sensitive. No OGG support. Less features than the other two (yet still feature packed). Looks girly in my opinion. Scratch Magnet.

H10:

Pros: Color Screen, Second simplest to use. Best looking in my opinion. Second smaller, though thinnest. Great touch sensitivity. Great Sound. Plays DRM. Feature Packed. Good Radio Reception. Hardest to get scratched (Who cares if it scratches though). Comes with an Iskin like case.

Cons: No Ogg support. Needs dock for line in encoding.

H320:

Pros: Color Screen. With good organization gives the fastest access to songs. Most Features (without the need for extra accesories). Most space. Best sound in my opinion. Great Radio Reception. UMS compliant. Plays videos or DRM (Depending on Firmware). Ogg Support. Longest battery life. Best recorder. Most space means you can use higher quality bitrates. Without scratches it is the second best looking in my opinion (Very shiny surfece, with a carbon fibre look).

Cons:
Not as easy to learn to use at first as the other two. Bad Organization means tedious song scrolling. Annoying boot up time (About 15-20 seconds. It's not much, but still not cool). Very Prone to scratches. Thickest, and biggest of the three (Not very big though, and comparable to an ipod, though slighly thicker than ipod). No iskin like cases yet.

In my opinion the H320 is the better choice. If you organize your music, and won't be bothered by it's longer boot time, is the best choice. If your music is disorganized, and you won't bother organizing it, then avoid it. If you don't have well set ID3 tags then avoid the H10 and Zen Micro.

Apr 24, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #21 of 27
Didn't you forget the sony VAIO Pocket ?

Apr 24, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #22 of 27
There is one big problem with the iAudio players. that fact that they havnt built in id3 tag compatability. so if your music collection is a mess your player is going to be a mess.

Apr 24, 2005 at 9:14 AM Post #23 of 27
Well, the Rio Karma is rated at 55mW/channel into 16 ohms, and 30mW/channel into 32 ohms. That's better than the specs I've seen on lots of other players. 5-band Parametric EQ is pretty cool as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tolsk
There is one big problem with the iAudio players. that fact that they havnt built in id3 tag compatability. so if your music collection is a mess your player is going to be a mess.

Does that include the new X5? (finally put on their page... TODAY?)
http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/x5/

But look at the specs. 13mW/channel @ 16 Ohms. Seriously? ...

Apr 24, 2005 at 12:11 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic32
The Ipod has a very neutral sound, not to mention probably the best user interface. It does lack a little bass depending on your amp/headphone combo.

My girlfiriend recently got an Ipod mini and I was surprised to find that it was relatively weak in sound quality. My little Iaudio U2 flash player blows it away. Something is not right there...

Apr 24, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappa74
The Doors

Hell yeah!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back