Which mp3 player provides the best sound?
Apr 22, 2005 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

diabloii

100+ Head-Fier
is there any mp3 player that has sounds that stand out from the rest?

keep in mind i want something that doesn't look too bad(i've heard ipods suck; how about zens?)

well i definitely need more than 1 gig but probably no more than 5-10; voice recording is always a plus

Apr 22, 2005 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 27
The iPods totally like suck. I'd stay away from Apple, Rio, iRiver, Creative and maybe iAudio. Generally the rest are decent. Maybe Jens of Sweden?

[size=xx-small]Okay, I'm joking. This gets asks every week. You may want to search. It all depends.[/size]

Apr 23, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloii
is there any mp3 player that has sounds that stand out from the rest?

You might as well ask: Which is the best rock band, The Beatles or The Stones?"
rolleyes.gif

On a more serious note, the consensus here seems to be that among the big brands (Apple, Sony, Creative, Rio, iRiver) the sound is pretty good and it comes down to a matter of preference and possibly ancillary equipment.

Apr 23, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 27
iAudio are considered among the best mp3 players, especially their HDD players. I wouldn't dismiss iAudio so quickly. I bought mine in Australia. They are awesome players. M3 is slim and if you don't need the remote when you're at work then it's slimmer than an iPod. The M3's built-in amp is very refined and pumps out great sound. I listen to my M3 with much enjoyment through my UM2 canalphones. UM2s are sensitive and they tend to hiss with most mp3 players especially flash-based ones, but not through my M3. The hiss is practically non-existent.

Apr 23, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
The iPods totally like suck. I'd stay away from Apple, Rio, iRiver, Creative and maybe iAudio. Generally the rest are decent. Maybe Jens of Sweden?

wow thats like every player you dont have to ship from korea......

Apr 23, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #9 of 27
well i can't decide between the ipod mini (the newer gen with better battery life) or the creative zen series

i usually listen to hiphop and rap

what would be better (or not creative or apple_

Users who are viewing this thread

Back