Which movies might you see this summer?
May 21, 2004 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

eyeteeth

Headphoneus Supremus
Time to take off the thinking cap and get ready for loud summer movie fodder (I'll put the cap back on in the fall for more thoughtful fare).

Some I want to see.

'The chronicles of Riddick'
The sequel to 'Pitch Black' which I liked (and even admired the obviously low cost crash scene in the beginning-accelerated shaky camera!). 'Chronicals' looks like it has buckets of money poured into it which might be a bad thing. And the 'anti-hero working single handedly as the only chance' thing has been done to death but apparently still resonates.

Baadasssss!
I love the 70s Blaxplotation films and this is Mario Van Peebles' homage to his father Melvin's 1971 film, 'Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song'. I love the alternative title-'How to Get the Man's Foot Outta Your Ass'.
600smile.gif

I'll definitely see this in a theatre with good sound for the soundtrack.

Spiderman 2
By default:favorite childhood comic and the first one was pretty good.

I, Robot
Based on Asimov's book, it could be good? Bruce Willis in sci-fi again. Will it be good (12 Monkeys) or bad (The Fifth Element)?

The Village
M. Night Shyamalan (cool name BTW) of 'Sixth Sense' and 'Signs' (Not many liked 'Signs' but it had sufficient creepiness for me to like it). 19th century village surrounded by forest where evil creatures live. Good cast-Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, Sigourney Weaver, etc.

Open Water
Two guys stranded in a rowboat surrounded by sharks. Good & simple?

Blade:Trinity
By default:Fangs and the previous two were pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back