Which Modi Version
Oct 15, 2018 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

r08zy

New Head-Fier
Hi head-fi,

I'm brand new here and after my introduction post was hoping someone can help me out with some advice. I would like to replace my raspberry pi & IQAudio dac with something a bit better. As I already have a Vali 2 connected to the IQAudio dac I would like to continue the theme and put a small schiit stack together.

I can't decide wether to get the Modi 3 or spend the extra on getting the Modi Multibit. From my limited knowledge and research a multibit dac seems to be superior especially with 16-bit audio, all of my music (thanks to my DJing career) is all bought through beatport and the highest they offer is 16-bit 44.1 WAV or AIFF (mine are all AIFF because I like to have the artwork).

Before making the decision I would like to hear others opinions, are there many people out there who own / have tried both options and do you think the multibit is worth the extra money? Also as my knowledge is so limited do oyu have any recommended resources or reading material on the subject of multibit vs delta sigma dacs?

I have a feeling I probably wouldn't be disappointed whichever option I went for, but I would like to heard some opinions to help me decide.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back