which mini XLR Female Connector is the Best?
Jan 31, 2009 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

pila405

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, I want to recable my AKG K702 and would like to know which mini XLR female connector is the best? [please don't give me links for 99,999$ connectors]
k701smile.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 16
Can you at least give me a suggestion on some good 3 pins mini XLR female connector please?

Feb 1, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 16
can you give me the exect name of the model please?

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #6 of 16
thank you.

is there any connectors with gold plated connections/pins? or that close to neutrik's qualities? [cause i didnt find any mini XLR from their company]

Feb 2, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #7 of 16
answer? please?

Feb 2, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you.

is there any connectors with gold plated connections/pins? or that close to neutrik's qualities? [cause i didnt find any mini XLR from their company]

AFAIK, Neutrik doesn't have any mini XLR. The Switchcraft itself is very good. Gold-plated doesn't do anything to sound quality.

Nov 23, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #12 of 16
Does anyone know when the neutrik mini xlr connector will be available?

yay for first post :x

Update: I contacted one website about when this product will be in stock and I was told toward the end of January 2010.

Nov 23, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #13 of 16
Not sure if that Rean one will hit shelves anytime soon or what. not that it matters, there's really only one way you can make these sorts of things, who the hell cares. The fact remains is that it's being used for a headphone run single ended with 2 nickel plated metal rods that make up the headband in the signal path (yes, that's how the signal gets from the left earcup over to the right, through the headband flexi-wires) with a lot of unknown-quality wire connecting things up inside the earcup. If the Switchcraft plug, which is nice quality, is in any way not good enough, then you should be hardwiring your K702s balanced, period. You can customize the look of the Switchcraft by screwing on other barrels like the Palliccs pictured, or use the Neutrik NYS series RCA barrels, I use the chrome ones all the time.

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #15 of 16
Just so when people search they can find this. Redco has some black mini XLR's for a nice price: Redco Audio

And these ebay ones aren't bad at all (although I have not used any others so I can't say how they differ from the switchcrafts): Mini XLR Connector - Female - 3 Pin (01) - eBay (item 310184334143 end time Dec-24-09 15:39:25 PST) What is nice about this seller (on top of good prices and super fast service), is that they have multiple sized bodies for their mini xlr's just like switchcraft.

I am going to use these for my eventual SRH840 mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back