WHich MD MOdels? MZ-D910? MD-DS8? ...?
Nov 20, 2003 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mD_BoY

New Head-Fier
i am looking forsawrd to buy a pretty expensive player. There are soo many models rite now but the ones most interested to me is MZ-N910**,MZ-R910,MD-DS8,MD-DR70.. recording is not a must need but must be very good looking and a good battery life at least 100hr playback at lp4 mod. MZ-R910 and DS-8 rite now seem to me the one i am gona get... any opionions?

*Sorry about all the spelling errors
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 20, 2003 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 11
The Sharp DS8 is a player-only unit. The N910 is a Net MD recorder, meaning you can transfer mp3's via the USB to a blank disc in faster than real-time with Sony's not-so-great software. The R910 is a non NetMD recorder and is a great machine.

Do you lots of mp3's that you'd like to have on MD? If not, the R910 will serve your needs very well. The Sharp MD-DR7 is a non-Net MD recorder that features a digital amp and has garnished a great reptutation for sound quality.

My advice is to visit the MiniDisc T-Board for more information.......
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2003 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Superbaldguy
Do you lots of mp3's that you'd like to have on MD? If not, the R910 will serve your needs very well. [/B]

If you have your music stored on MP3, you're going to take a significent hit in sound quality in puttting it on minidisc when its gets encoded/compressed a second time So then the issue of sound quality of the unit igoes out the window at that point.

Overall I'd go with the Sharp DS8 if you're just looking for a player. Pretty hard to beat. Otherwise the Sharp DR7 (MDR) or Sharp DR80 (netMD).

Nov 20, 2003 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 11
You don't actually need a unit to record, do you? Like actually transfer your songs onto disc, right? You've already got a unit for that? Well, then I'd suggest DS8 or the newer DS70. Sharp's got the upper hand right now in sound quality and unit quality.

Nov 20, 2003 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 11
cmonnn you dont want to use LP4 do ya?

Nov 20, 2003 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by skagen
If you have your music stored on MP3, you're going to take a significent hit in sound quality in puttting it on minidisc when its gets encoded/compressed a second time So then the issue of sound quality of the unit igoes out the window at that point.

Overall I'd go with the Sharp DS8 if you're just looking for a player. Pretty hard to beat. Otherwise the Sharp DR7 (MDR) or Sharp DR80 (netMD).

Hmm, just from experience I disagree, my crappy mp3's sound BETTER to me in LP2 than they do otherwise, I think it's that little ATRAC twinkle, I dont know why it sounds better to me, but it does.
confused.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 11
I am new to MD so i duno much about what features are useful or not and yes i duno a recording one but it doesnt hurt to have it
biggrin.gif
Can some one tell me the sound quailty between DR70/N910/ R910/DS8 ? i heard many says DS70 have a great quailty in both sound and unit. Is it that much better than N910? Does N910 or R910 have any way thats better than DS-70 other than is Net MD? Also whats the difference between Type S and R?

Nov 21, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #10 of 11
So just to be straight on this, you don't have any device currently that puts music on MDs? If so, you're going to need one of those first, like the DR70, the DR7, the N910, or the R910. You need a recorder to put music on MDs, so having just a play only unit is worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back