Which low cost headphones should I buy?
Jun 4, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotheadedjonny
Lol. It wouldn't make a difference. They just won't let me.

EDIT: They don't like postage, and if there is a problem with the product when we finally recieve it, they don't like to have to send it all the way back to the US because of postage. They'd just rather buy it with no hassles here from a shop.

where are you located?

Jun 4, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #18 of 33
or what about take a break first and enjoy the two phones you got?

and about cheap phones don't need an amp. yes and no. my px200 improved a little amping with pa2v2. k26p didn't change a bit and the creative ep630 is just great with pa2.

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #19 of 33
I've tried/owned just about every can listed in this thread and my fav has been the k81dj. they recently replaced my mdr-v6 as my travel can. my next fav would be the dt231, however, they're very very mellow. Maybe Grado after that.

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #20 of 33
Well, going from cheapest to least inexpensive, I'd recommend these:

Koss KCS-75
Grado SR-60
AKG K81DJ
Altec Lansing iM716
Alessandro MS-1

And of course, an amp will only make them better.

Jun 4, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by atrain
where are you located?

Melbourne. I try to get my stuff from jb hi-fis, dicksmiths and ebay.

My friend and I are going to try to put together a cmoy amp in a few weeks. Will I be able to get the parts from dicksmiths? If not, where?

Jun 4, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #22 of 33
Im sctuslly amassing my parts for a Cmoy, and I just got an amp. Can't help you with the parts situation, live in the states, But, I can tell you taht an amp really helps from my experiance.

I amped my Westone UM1s and they gained som much body it was amazing. And I fished out the old Ibuds [gasp], and they actually still sound horrible with the amp, but not as horrible.
basshead.gif

-greg

Jun 4, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Melbourne. I try to get my stuff from jb hi-fis, dicksmiths and ebay.

My friend and I are going to try to put together a cmoy amp in a few weeks. Will I be able to get the parts from dicksmiths? If not, where?

You're lucky, we don't have a darn thing in OUR Melbourne!
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5
You're lucky, we don't have a darn thing in OUR Melbourne!
frown.gif

What do you mean?

Jun 5, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #25 of 33
If you're just getting cheaper headphones to sample what the more expensive offerings of a brand are, may i suggest skipping the KSC-75? My impression is that the KSC-75s are very good for cheap headphones, but that Koss doesn't really make any good high-end headphones; there domain seems to be cheaper, lower quality headphones. I could be wrong though, this is just the vibe i've been getting.

Jun 5, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

What do you mean?

Our town of Melbourne was named after YOUR town of Melbourne some years ago. It was all official and everything!! Some "Hands across the Ocean" cerimony or something!

Anyway, we don't even have a good headphone shop antwhere near here!

Bummer.

Jun 5, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5
Our town of Melbourne was named after YOUR town of Melbourne some years ago. It was all official and everything!! Some "Hands across the Ocean" cerimony or something!

Anyway, we don't even have a good headphone shop antwhere near here!

Bummer.

Lol, that's cool. Although we have lots of music stores around here, the main retailer that sells 'everything music', jb hi-fi, only seems to stock sennheiser and sony, both of them low end only too. The most expensive senn i've seen them stock is the hd555, or the hd-25, and they only stock sony's costing less than $100 AU, about $60- 70 US.

Capt Snuffy: I already have a 30 year old pair of KOSS anyway, the PRO4AA, which my dad gave to me. But the KSC 75s are so highly acclaimed that I feel that I just must have a pair.

Jun 5, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Lol, that's cool. Although we have lots of music stores around here, the main retailer that sells 'everything music', jb hi-fi, only seems to stock sennheiser and sony, both of them low end only too. The most expensive senn i've seen them stock is the hd555, or the hd-25, and they only stock sony's costing less than $100 AU, about $60- 70 US.

Capt Snuffy: I already have a 30 year old pair of KOSS anyway, the PRO4AA, which my dad gave to me. But the KSC 75s are so highly acclaimed that I feel that I just must have a pair.

Yes, without question, the KSC75 is a must-get for low end or high end portable headphones.

Jun 5, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
Yes, without question, the KSC75 is a must-get for low end or high end portable headphones.

Yeah. My only problem is getting hold of them. I don't know anywhere where I can buy them in Melbourne, and they aren't being sold on eBay from Australian sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back