Which LOD should I buy?
Jun 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AfricanProphet

100+ Head-Fier
Just a quick question: Which one of these LODs should I buy? I have a low end system, so buying a low end cable for now at least. Figure there's no point in dropping mad cash for cables when I could put that money into new phones.

So, tell me, should I buy THIS one or THAT one?

Note: The one that's the an actual cable is 8 inches long, and the one that's just the adapter would be used with a stock mini-mini.

Feel free to vote in the poll...The third option is if you really think buying a custom LOD for twice as much would really be worth it for a poor college student.

Thanks for any feedback.

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #2 of 8
Whatever you want man. They're both essentially the same thing. Why are you asking us anyway? Can't you just decide on your own? If you're worried about SQ then don't worry any longer. SQ would be the same, it's just about personal preference and convenience. Like whether 8 inches is too long, and whether you would prefer to supply your own mini-mini cable at whatever length you want.

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 8
make own! Soldering station -$9, 99.99998 silver wire - $7, Cardas Eutactic solder- $3, neutric mini - $2, dock- $2 ... all that= equivalent of ready made $60+ dock.

Jun 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 8
THIS is flexible.

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #6 of 8
I would go for 'THIS', since it is an all-in-one solution.
No need for an additional mini->mini cable, and the extra connectors who may impact the end result.

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #8 of 8
I got one of 'that' and made my own cable for it. I screwed up one dock trying to solder - soldering mini jacks is much easier.

It works fine and I can make cables with different materials and lengths and connectors for it. Either would be fine though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back