So I found four I'd be willing to purchase. this one -

Ultra Copper LOD

this one -

Elite Pure Silver Cryo LOD

this one -

Qables Silvercab

and this one -

Qables | High Quality Custom Made Qables

Which one would you choose keeping performance and how much it costs in mind? I don't really know the difference between silver and copper and which one is generally better so maybe there is an obvious answer to this question. Thank you and Merry Christmas to everyone!

(and I do have better things to do during Christmas, there is just a lull between now and when I leave with my family to see more family. Figured I'd do something with my time.)

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 10
Silver is brighter, copper softer (maybe fuller haven't a/b enough)-I have both, usually with my LODs I like silver better, I have the ALO cotton-my fav and i also have a Qualbes silvercab (I believe it is). Have another copper harness but no silver to a/b with that set up and never tried.

Dec 26, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #6 of 10
stay away from the qables if you plan on plugging and unplugging alot. Ive gone through at least two of them (sillver) and the Ipod connector fails if used frequently (ie. in my car i plug and unplug 10 times a day) I have a qables goldcab that is on my portable rig and that sounds amazing, but i baby the hell out of it .... try whiplash's twag, solid as a rock, ask Craig for the thicker black ipod plug instead of the brittle plastic one.

Dec 26, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #7 of 10
Punnisher has made a low profile, right or left cable exit to a 1/8" rt. angle that's about two inches long. It's silver and sounds better than another unit I paid 6 times more for. The low profile fits under the lids of hip mounted camera pouches.

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #8 of 10
Silver-plated copper is the way to go for an ipod lod, in my opinion. I have not yet tried a pure silver one, though.

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #9 of 10
I have a few LODs and the Whiplash Elite sounds the best. The cryo silver used doesn't sound bright. The clarity and bass is superb. With the multifiliment sleve & Viablue connector, the build quality is the coolest.

May 31, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #10 of 10
I'm a supporter of stranded silver plated copper wire. You can enjoy both benefits and is flexible for the bending. Solid wire is breakable after a lot of bending.
Also the ALO 22AWG copper cryo is recommended for a DIY LOD cable.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back