Which LOD cable for my amp?
Feb 1, 2009 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Nirvana1000

500+ Head-Fier
I've searched for reasonably priced LOD cables.And now i'm down to 3 very well priced high quality LOD ipod to amp minis.One with silver wires one with copper wires and the other with a combination of both which i think would the best.Which one do you think is the best value an why?#1.Ultra Copper LOD #2.Qables Performance Line LOD Cable #3Microshar.com
confused_face_2.gif
4.http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=10 5.http://www.aloaudio.com/store/index....roducts_id=120 I added a coulple more good valued LOD cables!

Feb 2, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 29
I have the Qables - it works fine. I'm not a big magic cable guy, so as long as it makes the connection between the LOD and a mini plug, it works for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

*edit*

I should probably point out that when I bought the Qables, it was one of the cheapest reasonable quality commercial LOD I could find. If I could have gotten one of the cheaper ones that are now available, I probably would have done it.

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about this?

Head-Direct.com | YUIN

It's what I recently got and it works great.

Looks nice.They use both siver and copper.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 29
Feb 3, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 29
i agree with zerius, dont put a ton of money onto LOD's and cables. most ppl who actually DO hear a difference in sound quality, is a small or somewhat of a difference. i dont think anyone really hears a very big day and night difference with more expensive cables. maybe like 1 or 2 rare people? some ppl dont hear a difference at all and others its a small difference, but that leads to what zerius said, the price/gain ratio is not worth it for higher end cables.

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #10 of 29
I would've gone with whatever was cheapest, but I ended up getting a custom one DIY'd by forum member qusp, because I was curious about it.

I'm sure I couldn't possibly tell a difference, but I'm happy with it. Try not to pay more for a cable than you do the iPod/amp/your headphones though.

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #11 of 29
ALO Bling Bling...not to pricey yet still awesome.

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #12 of 29
I was told to go with a silver wired cable for my ALO Mini^3 by the previous owner.He has tried a few different cables and said that the silver helps enhance the dynamics,highs and bass as opposed to copper.Then he said that it didn't matter if it was silver or copper with his Preditor.And i do agree on not spending too much on a cable.So the silver LOD Qable is a great value and that's the one i ordered.

Feb 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #13 of 29
If I were to pick from those, I would use the Head Direct one. It looks to be the most durable and sturdy out of those (besides the Quables but you might have trouble bending that).
Although from my opinion, all of them will sound the same. A lot of people say that cables don't matter or that they all "sound the same" but I have to disagree. There is a big difference between a standard copper (examples in this thread), and a 4 strand copper/gold LOD.

I personally think that it is all about what kind of music you are listening to, how good the SQ of the music is, and what kind of equipment that is being used (amp and headphones).

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about this?

Head-Direct.com | YUIN

It's what I recently got and it works great.

ZY is the most popular hand-made HiFi cable in China. The guy named Zhang, Yang. His cables always use high quality meterial and well solided. I bought some ICs and a pair of HD650 upgrade cable, bang on bucks. Most of his cables are sale online. Here are some products of him at Taobao, like a chinese ebay.:
ÕÅÑïÀÏʦ ÊÖ¹¤Ïß-С·²ÒôÀÖ×°±¸£¨ÌúÈý½Ç¡¢Êæ¶û¡¢¸èµÂ¡¢É*º£Èû¶û¡¢SONY¡¢ ipod£©-ÌÔ±¦Íø

Users who are viewing this thread

Back