Which Japanese singers are still worth listening ?
Jul 26, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #17 of 92
Bon-bon blanco (the sea of the time is an awesome song, listening to it right now),l'arc en ciel, anything from I've sound (I've got almost all their songs), Mika nakashima, asian kung-fu generation, W-inds, Namie amuro (I just like the ballads), nami tamaki, boa, maik kuraki, and the list goes on . . .

I have a bunch of albums on my HDD player/CD. You really have to look around to find the good stuff. My rule is that the best song from an album is usually the one that is commonly overlooked.

Jul 26, 2004 at 7:41 PM Post #19 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
have you heard Supercar ? the songs are so original...

i only have 2 songs from supercar; Yumegiwa last boy and strobolights.... (all from Ping Pong soundtrack) kinda weird but very enjoyable and so original...

I realy like Supercar, particularly the albums "Futurama" and "HIGHVISION" (which has the two songs you've heard). My favorite song is Warning Bell which is track 2 on HIGHVISION.
As for what singers I like hmm. I like Klaha's "Marchen", and Moi dix Mois's new album "NOCTURNAL OPERA" has some good vocals on it. Then theres always Gackt I guess. Also, Kaya from Schwarz Stein, but since they broke up he won't have anything coming out for a while I don't think.

Jul 27, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #21 of 92
Cornelius, Kahimi Karie, Pizzato Five (sorry if i spelt them all wrong)

Jul 28, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #23 of 92
OK, I did spell it wrong. BTW, I like your site, and the engrish in Hokkaido! Why didn't I find so much when I last went there?
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #26 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by lojay
OK, I did spell it wrong. BTW, I like your site, and the engrish in Hokkaido! Why didn't I find so much when I last went there?
wink.gif

Thanks lojay. As for the engrish, I'm not sure...I pretty much always have a camera with me, so that helps. I also lived there for 10 weeks, which is a fairly good amount of time...otherwise I just must be an engrish magnet.

Jul 28, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #27 of 92
I like most of the recommendations on this thread. I still remember my friend's horrified description of the taste of "Life Partner." Now I get to see what it looks like
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #28 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
I like most of the recommendations on this thread. I still remember my friend's horrified description of the taste of "Life Partner." Now I get to see what it looks like
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, it is not great, but certainly not as bad as Qoo. I think I like it better than Pocari Sweat.

Jul 29, 2004 at 12:14 AM Post #29 of 92
I'm not too familier with the current Japanese scene, but if you haven't heard him before, try giving Damo Suzuki a listen. He's got a fantastic, very unique voice, and his work with German Kosmische Musik legends Can was revolutionary, paving the way for artists like Radiohead and many others...

Jul 29, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #30 of 92
Qoo and Pocari Sweat's my fav. beverages! When I get sick, I usually drink Pocari Sweat in place of water
tongue.gif

I hate the ordinary Qoo flavours, but the new "milky" Qoo stuff is awesome...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back