Which is your favourite Sandisk player??
Apr 4, 2010 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

pmartel

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All and Happy Easter.

Okay, sorry, but HAD to do this.

I recently got a refurbed Sandisk Clip 2GB player (without expandable sd)

I'm in love!!!

My Clip is hooked up to my PAV2 headphone amp and is true magic in such a tiny player.

Mine was had through had e-bay seller.

So the question begs, what is your favourite Sandisk player and why??

Oh yes and what helps the magic is being able to transfer at AAC 256KBPS

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 14
Shigzeo, I've heard about Rockbox and wonder just how much it can improve sound.

I'm vetran audiophile of 30 years and have been trying to equate a sound as close as possible to my old Kenwood portable cd player. This is the CLOSEST I have come yet with my cheezy Magnavox headphones which are being upgraded to a pair of Shure SE240's shortly

How does Rockbox sound with classical music??

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 14
I've owned a 4gb e260 (v1), 1gb Clip, 4gb Fuze and an 8gb Fuze. I personally prefer the Fuze for ease of use and bigger screen. The sound quality between the Fuze and Clip are pretty much identical, but I feel like the Fuze sounds a tad cleaner. However, the Clip is great for being super portable with good sound quality. I use the Fuze and Clip for different situations. The e260 all around sucked in comparison imo.

I feel like I've said this several times before in other threads. Oh well.

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #5 of 14
I love the Sansa Fuze, but I'm waiting for RockBox to be finished w/the V2 myself.

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 14
Rockbox is hard to pin: you can really really change the sound if you want. SQ in some ways is better attended by asking what does RB do for you? I get gapless playback, especially helpful in trance, classical, concerts, and about half of my albums. I also get AAC, can record in about 5 formats including AIFF! and a great parametric EQ.

It doesn't get rid of the Fuze's hiss though, but still sounds great.

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #7 of 14
All I want is the "Bass" & "Stereo Width" adjustments myself (w/RockBox), as most of the other settings are fine for me w/being stock.

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #8 of 14
Clip+ as it's the only Sandisk player I have
smily_headphones1.gif
But it does sound nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #9 of 14
My favorite is probably the Fuze v1 with Rockbox. To this day, its still my favorite sounding player. There was no hiss and there really wasn't a need to play with the EQ because it sounded so good on flat. Having gapless was really the part I liked best. Unfortunately someone stole mine while I was at the gym.

Apr 4, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #10 of 14
I like the Clip for its size and standard USB connection, and the Fuze really is a great all around player. I would choose a Fuze over a Nano anyday. But I have a soft spot for the Connect. It's a solid player (NOT designed by Sandisk), the wireless had such potential. It's still not bad with the CBS/Yahoo music setup, you can view your Flickr account and I think you can check your Yahoo mail.

Apr 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #11 of 14
I've only had the fuze and the e260 and both are rockboxed. I love the fuze for what it offers being rockbox as well as a nice clean sound. I don't need the screen so a clip+ might be next on my list but I think I'll wait a bit longer until rockbox for that is more stable.

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't get rid of the Fuze's hiss though, but still sounds great.

When do you hear hiss with your Fuze? I don't hear one bit with mine with RE0s. With S4s, there's a tiny bit. It's nowhere near as hissy as my iPod Photo.

My favorite Sandisk DAP (haven't tried all of them though) is my Clip+. My Fuze v2 is pretty good too, but I really wish it had a volume rocker. Maybe I'll just fix that with a mini^3
biggrin.gif
. I change volume alot, and it's really annoying to have to be in the now playing menu to change volume (without using an amp, of course).

What's so bad about the Fuze's screen? I never use it for video, but it looks fine to me.

Apr 5, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #13 of 14
For one shigzeo has very sensitive ears :p I do hear hiss with my fuze as well however but it is very slight. Both the e-Q7 and the CK10 hiss out of the fuze.

Apr 5, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #14 of 14
I have both fuze v1 and the clip+ both rockboxed but I like the clip+ for its portability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back