Which is the song that you are the most ashamed of liking?
Aug 31, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #16 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Pleeeeeeeease tell me that I don't have to be ashamed of liking these guys! Willie Nelson's "Stardust" disc is one the best examples of what SACD can do for male vocals. Simply an incredible voice! And don't even get me going on Johnny Cash. This guy meant as much to modern music as did Ray Charles or BB King or even (well, not quite) Elvis himself!

What I guess I'm saying is that in my opinion, nobody should be "ashamed" of liking anything that they happen to like. Even my enjoyment of good ole boy, Frankie Yankovic (the King of Polka) can be justified on some level.

Back in high school, I listened the Bay City Rollers, Poco, Lou Reed, Jackson Browne, Warren Zevon, ELO, Pink Floyd, Springsteen, Dylan, Neil Young, JJ Cale, The Cars, The Doors, all sorts of things. For some reason, they all laughed about the Bay City Rollers and Poco. They also said I was "wierd" because I was into Warren Zevon and The Cars long before they were "cool" (and probably long after they were no longer cool). Even though I thought Foghat and Foreigner were boring and predictable, I kept this to myself. But I suspect none of them are listening to this kind of thing now! And they never did "get" my interest in Ian Hunter and Elvis Costello!

So ever since then, I've just listened to what I want to listen to and don't worry too much about what other people think about it. Ok, so it has been a long time since I've listened to the Bay City Rollers. They might have been right about that.

Im not ashamed or embarassed to say what I like.... And I DO like traditional country a lot. Its just that it is not very popular here... as compared to mainstream popular country and other more trendy kinds of music.

Aug 31, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #17 of 97
For me, it's not really shame or embarrassment, more like "I can't believe I like this dreck."
icon10.gif

virometal, I feel your pain. Mine is also Paula Abdul, though the song is "Vibeology".
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #20 of 97
Girls On Film - Duran Duran

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
.. but the riff is so very good..

Aug 31, 2005 at 10:38 AM Post #22 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
"Steal My Sunshine" by Len

Hate to agree with you, but I have to.
rolleyes.gif

Kramer- you really need to delete Johnny Cash from your list, man!
You should be proud, not ashamed.
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 1:36 PM Post #24 of 97
Hey Ya! by Outkast. There's just something about that song. And what I wouldn't do to get a good mpeg of the video!

(Lend me some sugar - I am your neighbor!)

BPRJam

Aug 31, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #26 of 97
"I got a man!"

What's your man gotta do with me?

"I got a man!"

I ain't tryin' to hear that, see?

"I got a man!"

What's your man gotta do with me?

"I got a man!"

I ain't tryin' to hear that, bust it!

------------

You know you love it! "You got a man? How long have you had that problem?"
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #27 of 97
I like the B-52's and that Barbie Girl song by Aqua.

Aug 31, 2005 at 3:07 PM Post #29 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by xilron
I like the B-52's and that Barbie Girl song by Aqua.

Nothing wrong with the B-52's! Rock Lobster rules! The barbie girl song tho...oh my.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back