Which is the better on ear headphone?
Mar 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

benboxbob

New Head-Fier
Hey, 
Which would be better, Bose oe2 or V Moda m80?
I'm looking for a comfortable, sort of noise canceling, good sounding, good looking headphone. I do like a bit of bass as I listen to dance but i also listen to rock. any other suggestions other than what's listed above would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 7
Well, if you think you are looking for noise canceling, what activity are you doing that requires noise cancelation? Most headphones that don't  have active noise cancelation have a good amount of passive isolation, this means that through their design you don't hear much. Noise cancelling is kind of a gimmick. Also, have you considered looking into to full size cans? While portables such as the m-80's offer great sound, there is fullsize options that are better at soundstaging, and often just a better refined sound. Welcome to head-fi. and if no one has said, Sorry about your wallet.

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 7
thanks,
i just wanted the non active noise canceling to block out talking and the radio. i like the way most on ears headband don't bulge outwards like other headphones but if there are a pair of over ears that don't bulge out much i might look into them. Thanks for the welcome

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 7
ANC cancels our engine noise and other low drone sounds - not voices or other sounds in higher frequencies. The M-80 may be a great choice but I'm wondering if their isolation is enough for you. They're great for being out and about with pretty decent isolation and the sound is amazing and fun. If you need something more isolating (which is also good for a train commute) the HD25 is a great can and will work for your genres also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back