Which is the best Analytical Bassy IEM under $200
Mar 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rahuldagli

Head-Fier
I currently own sennheiser hd 800. I listen to all generes of music.
Here the list what I am looking for: 
1. Bass- Needs to be tight, deep and puchy like sub-woofer.
2. Mid's- Full, liquid smooth and neutral. Its ok if its slightly warm signature.
3. Treble- Extremely detailed without any siblance.

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 9
The VSONIC GR07 (under $200) has fairly deep sub-bass and tight punch, warm and clear mids and ample treble - the overall tonality is balanced/neutral, a little to the warm side of things.

"Treble- extremely detailed with any siblance." - do you mean you actually want sibilance?!

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
The VSONIC GR07 (under $200) has fairly deep sub-bass and tight punch, warm and clear mids and ample treble - the overall tonality is balanced/neutral, a little to the warm side of things.

"Treble- extremely detailed with any siblance." - do you mean you actually want sibilance?!

Sorry there was a typo error!! Anyways thanks for your suggestion!!

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 9
The GR07 fits the bill...except for the sibilance part. It's tuned with a spike in the lower treble that gives life to instruments and vocals. However, the side effect of this is that it will mercilessly exaggerate any sibilance present in a song. It will not create any, but if it's there to begin with...ouch

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
The GR07 fits the bill...except for the sibilance part. It's tuned with a spike in the lower treble that gives life to instruments and vocals. However, the side effect of this is that it will mercilessly exaggerate any sibilance present in a song. It will not create any, but if it's there to begin with...ouch

How is the soundstage? And how does it compare with HiFiMan re 262 ?

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 9
About the GR07's sibilance issue, it is basically gone when listening with comfortable volume levels after having put over 100 hours through them. Fresh out of the box, yes, they do have an issue with their upper treble, but fortunately begins to smooth out. I listened to mine during the 100 hours of burn in and noticed it to begin to smoothen out after 50 hours (by that I mean that yes it is still there in sibilant recordings, but not as prominant in non-sibilant recordings). 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #8 of 9
Another nod in the Vsonic GR07's direction, once burnt in for over 150 hours any problems with the treble should be gone, nice detailed and analytical phones with extended bass..

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:

Yeah, I too notice this with poorly produced (kvlt) black metal material, but at lower volumes it's not an issue at all. As for the soundstage question, I find them to be quite wide but not as tall comparing them to the IE8. They still convey a great mental image of space which allows the instruments to remain distinct and not be smeared/compressed in a small space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back