which is more durable--V6 or V700?
Sep 16, 2002 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
Of the two of these headphones, which are the more durable? I compared the "feel" of these two in the local Sam Ash today, and I know the V6's are reknowned for their ruggedness, but how does the 700 compare to them? Anyone had a pair of 700's long enough to vouch for them? They sure feel heavier and thicker than the v6's.... I like that both have the thick, telephone cord (since the cat is prone to chewing on regular size wires).

Sep 16, 2002 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 7
I've had a look at the 7506, and both look to be equally durable - the V700 if used in a pro environment will get a harder life, but I still think both are identical.

However the two sound completely different.

One is designed to let you hear the beats in a loud club, the other is a studio monitoring phone which is designed more to let you analyse recordings. The V6 has a more precise sound, the V700 has a more flabby, entertaining character.

Comparing them as a sandwich (as I do), the V6/7506 is a wild salmon and cress in an organic slice - consistently refined choice with a nice base taste. The V700 is a Burger King Whopper - full of crap, but delicious.

Sep 16, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse
Comparing them as a sandwich (as I do), the V6/7506 is a wild salmon and cress in an organic slice - consistently refined choice with a nice base taste. The V700 is a Burger King Whopper - full of crap, but delicious.

biggrin.gif
Although I may disagree with your love for the V700's, that is absolutely hilarious!! More reviewers should compare their cans to sandwiches. Maybe candy bars? Other food? Hmm...

What would you kids compare the DT-770's to? I'm trying to think, but nothing comes to mind...

Sep 17, 2002 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

What would you kids compare the DT-770's to

A big deli Reuben with Swiss on Rye?
tongue.gif

Magicthyse - I happen to checkout the V700 at my local CC today. I noticed that the inner driver covers are located at a very shallow depth within the outer pleather pads. This creates a very close proximity to one's ears. Does this affect how the music sounds? If so, how exactly? Do you happen to know how deep the drivers are actually positioned in relation (that is, have you ever taken yours apart?)? Is that driver cover removable? Also, how is the isolation with the V700 compared to the V6's?

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2002 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 7
I haven't tried to take off the driver covers.

Yes - the drivers are comparatively close to the ear. What you get is "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm". A drawn-out, enormous bass response.

I only tried the 7506 for about 2 minutes so I can't compare relative isolation. The 7506 are better maybe? They have a wider earcup. The V700's are designed to be held single-eared as well, so have round earcups - which nevertheless do isolate pretty well.

Sep 17, 2002 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 7
Really? Is she? I never noticed. I was too busy looking at the V700.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back